Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Article] Explaining the Shadow Spell Nerfs- FB

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Shadow spell nerfs are currently present in Wizard101's test realm. Eric analyzes the current nerfs and also discusses the circumstances that led to need to nerf these spells. https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-analysis/explaining-the-shadow-spell-nerfs/

Writer, administrator, and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Matthew525011 on Jul 4, 2020 wrote:
Shadow spell nerfs are currently present in Wizard101's test realm. Eric analyzes the current nerfs and also discusses the circumstances that led to need to nerf these spells. https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-analysis/explaining-the-shadow-spell-nerfs/
The fact that Myth's is balanced is laughable. It removes one measly ward. That could be literally anything. A -70% storm shield that's removed isn't really useful when you're myth. I can hardly believe that counts for a full pip or two. Myth is by far the least powerful school in the game and has the least amount of usefulness. This was the only spell that made Myth worthwhile. And I say that as a Storm wizard. You are also basing it off of humungofrog, which is itself a little less powerful than it probably should be. Myth is supposed to be a somewhat hitting school, yet has a spell less powerful than Ice. The tank school. Snowball Barrage is 85 per pip - that's 11 more than Myth's with just 1 shadow pip. At the very least it should be 525-550 damage, if not higher than that in the 600s.

My Myth questing partner wasn't able to help much until we got to Mystic Colossus. And now we're supposed to be thankful for a barely-stronger humungofrog? It costs another pip, and a shadow pip. In fact, earthquake is probably more useful. You at least don't have to wait for a shadow pip.

I understand that things need to be worked out and the roughness needs to be cleaned up - but Myth consistently gets undercut with every update and every change. Because they have a less populous player base than a school like Death or Fire, the response isn't nearly as fierce. And I'm not even going to mention the fact that Fire's is better than Storm's, which is incomprehensible to me.

Another issue is the fact that wizards are supposed to progress as we go on - but some of these spells are less powerful than one's we've had before it. Storm Lord and Sirens are arguably more powerful than Bugs now. Why even look forward to a weaker spell?

The other problem is there has been no signifying features that they're changing the health of mobs and bosses - that isn't in the update. Why act like something has happened when in fact it hasn't? The update could've been paired together, and wizards could've seen for themselves how the balancing worked with the changes with mobs and bosses - to free up room for greater expansion.

I want to see what can be done to fix these changes, but I worry for the game. And I worry for Myth, as I always do.

Regards,
Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 130