Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas from an OG from '08

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 14, 2015
So I've played the game since I was way young, I'm now in my mid-early 20's and I've seen this game develop and I've marveled at the new designs from unicorn way to spells and triton avenue but the one thing I still haven't seen that I've seen from other games I Community decision on in game tactics/spells.

First idea: Why not have a community event where you have players send in ideas with a drawing for the next spell cards, Games such as warframe have MANY MANY examples of players creating and using designs with developer improvement. This would be a great way to get the community involved and excited about seeing something come to life. The best part is you can let the players VOTE. have a page on the main website where in order to vote you must have at least an active subscription and a character at least 10 levels away from max so for example, max lvl 130=you need at least 1 lvl 120 character. Anyone can submit ideas and the devs pick 2-3 of each school and have the players vote. The only issue I would see with this is the developers ruining the numbers/how it works similar to what they did to swans for life where a good majority of the players on test realm trying it out stated it needed a bigger buff and now it's considered useless by a good majority of the player base when all it needs is an increase of 100.

2nd idea: This was stated in the live stream earlier this or last week but NAME CHANGE. They stated this is on the back burner but as you can see from the title. I've played since 08 and as have many friends. They have some character names they half regret and would love to change. Maybe just add this to the crown shop as a potion for 100 crowns similar to stitching and it has a 1 time use to change your name. max of 5 times in a month. Player expression is a big part of MMORPG's (emphasis on the RPG portion).

3rd idea: A forums area where old players no longer active can post ideas that would bring them back to the game. I remember trying to post somewhere about ideas that would bring me back to the game but couldn't because I had to pay. This would give the devs insight as to what would bring players back as well as how players envision their future with the game. posting 1 time per month so it doesn't get clogged. Again, Player expression is included in forums as well.

4th idea: Let some monsters be designed by the players or at least some mounts. Seeing something community based shows the players the devs are listening and actually care.

Last and 5th idea: Potions to increase the amount of mobs you pull. or maybe just an option that under lvl 10 you can pull 1 extra mob when you start a fight solo. if the other person that joins a fight ahs this option disabled it doesn't pull an extra mob. The frustration of trying to kill 3/collecting odd number items could be solved by implementing this. and everyone has the option to either use it or not.

Again these are just thought from an old player/veteran with a valor sword on an old account that give him nostalgia and warm feelings looking at a game he held dearly since the 4th grade. If you want to criticize my ideas please feel free to but try to stay positive. All the best to everyone!!

Administrator
Ryan DayBreaker on Jul 2, 2020 wrote:
So I've played the game since I was way young, I'm now in my mid-early 20's and I've seen this game develop and I've marveled at the new designs from unicorn way to spells and triton avenue but the one thing I still haven't seen that I've seen from other games I Community decision on in game tactics/spells.

First idea: Why not have a community event where you have players send in ideas with a drawing for the next spell cards, Games such as warframe have MANY MANY examples of players creating and using designs with developer improvement. This would be a great way to get the community involved and excited about seeing something come to life. The best part is you can let the players VOTE. have a page on the main website where in order to vote you must have at least an active subscription and a character at least 10 levels away from max so for example, max lvl 130=you need at least 1 lvl 120 character. Anyone can submit ideas and the devs pick 2-3 of each school and have the players vote. The only issue I would see with this is the developers ruining the numbers/how it works similar to what they did to swans for life where a good majority of the players on test realm trying it out stated it needed a bigger buff and now it's considered useless by a good majority of the player base when all it needs is an increase of 100.

2nd idea: This was stated in the live stream earlier this or last week but NAME CHANGE. They stated this is on the back burner but as you can see from the title. I've played since 08 and as have many friends. They have some character names they half regret and would love to change. Maybe just add this to the crown shop as a potion for 100 crowns similar to stitching and it has a 1 time use to change your name. max of 5 times in a month. Player expression is a big part of MMORPG's (emphasis on the RPG portion).

3rd idea: A forums area where old players no longer active can post ideas that would bring them back to the game. I remember trying to post somewhere about ideas that would bring me back to the game but couldn't because I had to pay. This would give the devs insight as to what would bring players back as well as how players envision their future with the game. posting 1 time per month so it doesn't get clogged. Again, Player expression is included in forums as well.

4th idea: Let some monsters be designed by the players or at least some mounts. Seeing something community based shows the players the devs are listening and actually care.

Last and 5th idea: Potions to increase the amount of mobs you pull. or maybe just an option that under lvl 10 you can pull 1 extra mob when you start a fight solo. if the other person that joins a fight ahs this option disabled it doesn't pull an extra mob. The frustration of trying to kill 3/collecting odd number items could be solved by implementing this. and everyone has the option to either use it or not.

Again these are just thought from an old player/veteran with a valor sword on an old account that give him nostalgia and warm feelings looking at a game he held dearly since the 4th grade. If you want to criticize my ideas please feel free to but try to stay positive. All the best to everyone!!
Your 3rd idea is an interesting one for the forums!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2020
I think your fifth idea would be very popular with the community, either implemented by some hour-long elixir, a toggle in the settings, or maybe some kind of side quest to unlock it.

As for the name change idea, I do think there should be a means to change your name but it should be a crowns transaction or costly gold transaction (or both currencies). I've seen other MMOs charge $5-20 for a name change so it is something not to be taken lightly. Maybe it's unfair to compare W101 to other MMOs, but I personally think 100 crowns is too cheap for a name change.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Yang2020 on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
I think your fifth idea would be very popular with the community, either implemented by some hour-long elixir, a toggle in the settings, or maybe some kind of side quest to unlock it.

As for the name change idea, I do think there should be a means to change your name but it should be a crowns transaction or costly gold transaction (or both currencies). I've seen other MMOs charge $5-20 for a name change so it is something not to be taken lightly. Maybe it's unfair to compare W101 to other MMOs, but I personally think 100 crowns is too cheap for a name change.
yes other mmos charge for name changes but other mmos won't let you have the same name as other players. W101 is already a major gold sink that's pretty much the same as activision where you can literally pay to boost your character faster/skip levels. It should most deff be gold but since KI will prob not make that a reality since they seem too money hungry and it's blatantly so where packs don't even have a build up counter for spell drop chance on packs pretty much meant for it (look at the disaster that was the grizzleheim pack) You can already pay crowns for pretty much anything in the game including rerolls on bosses. The least they could do it if they do charge for it. make it enough crowns that a player with no longer current sub to the game can do the minigames for crowns to buy one within a short realistic timeframe.