Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove Gnome Spell double (dispels)

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
This spell is by far the most broken spell when facing another life, yet useless when facing other schools. As the title states the dispels should be remove, and here's why. Dispels are 2 pip in value.pip value. Using king art as base example: 705 damage for a life spell sets it as 8 pip with dot heal including. Removing the dot and adding 2 dispels to this spell would shift the pip value from 8 to 12. Not sure why this is considered balance.
I suggest changing the dispels into something that could benefit life in areas that's needed. Ideas are open for suggestion.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
angellifeheart on Jun 30, 2020 wrote:
This spell is by far the most broken spell when facing another life, yet useless when facing other schools. As the title states the dispels should be remove, and here's why. Dispels are 2 pip in value.pip value. Using king art as base example: 705 damage for a life spell sets it as 8 pip with dot heal including. Removing the dot and adding 2 dispels to this spell would shift the pip value from 8 to 12. Not sure why this is considered balance.
I suggest changing the dispels into something that could benefit life in areas that's needed. Ideas are open for suggestion.
Gnome does benefit Life wizards when battling Life Creatures so NO, the Dispels should not be removed. Gnome is an 8 pip spell as it is but unless it is buffed and the Wizard casting it has all possible blades plus traps on creature, the damage isn't that great.

King Art does is that alternative that Life wizards can and do use against non-life creatures that has that heal back
that also allows the Life wizard to focus on their team's health.

Neither of these spells need to be touched in any way unless you are trying to have them changed for PVP ONLY.

As with many other players, I have wizards in ALL schools and just because we don't PvP, it seems ok to NERF all our useful PvE spells.... NO, it is not. We already have useless spells because of this and now it is only going to get worse.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
yep, life vs life matches are just "I can use gnomes before you can use gnomes therefore I win". One dispel is fine for the damage it does

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JewelKI on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
yep, life vs life matches are just "I can use gnomes before you can use gnomes therefore I win". One dispel is fine for the damage it does
Plus it only gives you 1 dispel shield. Chain dispel into a hit is still possible.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
DragonLady1818 on Jun 30, 2020 wrote:
Gnome does benefit Life wizards when battling Life Creatures so NO, the Dispels should not be removed. Gnome is an 8 pip spell as it is but unless it is buffed and the Wizard casting it has all possible blades plus traps on creature, the damage isn't that great.

King Art does is that alternative that Life wizards can and do use against non-life creatures that has that heal back
that also allows the Life wizard to focus on their team's health.

Neither of these spells need to be touched in any way unless you are trying to have them changed for PVP ONLY.

As with many other players, I have wizards in ALL schools and just because we don't PvP, it seems ok to NERF all our useful PvE spells.... NO, it is not. We already have useless spells because of this and now it is only going to get worse.
Considering the value am only asking it to go down to 1 dispel. It should not be 2 free dispels thats 4 pip in value. Gnome is high enough damage for the pip cost value alone. Its call balancing spells that were way over due for it. Pip cost should always be met with what current utility looks like per say via damage spells.