Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing for code wands! Long process...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
I'm not one for farming and I honestly hate farming and if I can I try to avoid it but I knew if I want the coolest wands (in my eyes) I have to farm for it and how I was able to make this process happen was from this website is: https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-fishing-guides/fishing-for-code-wands/

Honestly what started this whole quest for all these wands was when I saw someone with it in Azteca when I was questing. In Final Bastion's post they said everything ALMOST right but there was one thing they were missing a fishing spell, you need Buoy Chests 1. I had a lot more success using the spell and I was able to get all the code wands but the Galvanic Hammer (Didn't want that wand anyway because I didn't want to use it).

The Strategy
So let me just say what THIS TOOK ME 15 HOURS TO GET 10 OUT OF 11 CODE WANDS. I follow what the Final Bastion post said and I hunted for the death fishes which were a lot of them and used the right lure but someone how I wasn't getting chests. It wasn't until I started hunting for the sentinel fishes that's when I was getting the code wands. I personally find hunting the sentinel fishes easy because they don't play around and just go for the lure unlike the other fishes. With that being said I was able to get all the wands but the Amaranthine Staff because I ended up getting it from hunting a regular fish.
I also want to say that you'll end up getting duplicate of code wands. I ended up getting GoldenBeak, Staff Of Imperator, Warpwood Wand, Staff Of Querent, and Fog staff multiple times. I only really took one break which lasted and hour and I used 3 major fishing elixir and 1 mega fishing elixir. One thing I will say about the Elixirs is that you get luck with or without them, all they do is just make it easier to catch the fish NOT TO ACTUALLY GET THE ROLL OF THE CHEST. I've gotten only one code wand without the elixir and it was DragonClaw Blade.
While doing this wand code quest I've caught 1,416 fish (including fishes for quests) just to get the wand/wands that I want and if you want them bad enough you have to fish for them and another thing I forgot to mention, I didn't use the fishing gear! I only used Elixirs and the tear jewel that gave fishing luck which was only 2% but other than that happy fishing to the people who want the wands.
I'M FREE
Esmee Spear

Edit: It's better to fish for these code wands during the fishing event since you're going to use a lot of energy

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
bleachgurl19 on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
I'm not one for farming and I honestly hate farming and if I can I try to avoid it but I knew if I want the coolest wands (in my eyes) I have to farm for it and how I was able to make this process happen was from this website is: https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-fishing-guides/fishing-for-code-wands/

Honestly what started this whole quest for all these wands was when I saw someone with it in Azteca when I was questing. In Final Bastion's post they said everything ALMOST right but there was one thing they were missing a fishing spell, you need Buoy Chests 1. I had a lot more success using the spell and I was able to get all the code wands but the Galvanic Hammer (Didn't want that wand anyway because I didn't want to use it).

The Strategy
So let me just say what THIS TOOK ME 15 HOURS TO GET 10 OUT OF 11 CODE WANDS. I follow what the Final Bastion post said and I hunted for the death fishes which were a lot of them and used the right lure but someone how I wasn't getting chests. It wasn't until I started hunting for the sentinel fishes that's when I was getting the code wands. I personally find hunting the sentinel fishes easy because they don't play around and just go for the lure unlike the other fishes. With that being said I was able to get all the wands but the Amaranthine Staff because I ended up getting it from hunting a regular fish.
I also want to say that you'll end up getting duplicate of code wands. I ended up getting GoldenBeak, Staff Of Imperator, Warpwood Wand, Staff Of Querent, and Fog staff multiple times. I only really took one break which lasted and hour and I used 3 major fishing elixir and 1 mega fishing elixir. One thing I will say about the Elixirs is that you get luck with or without them, all they do is just make it easier to catch the fish NOT TO ACTUALLY GET THE ROLL OF THE CHEST. I've gotten only one code wand without the elixir and it was DragonClaw Blade.
While doing this wand code quest I've caught 1,416 fish (including fishes for quests) just to get the wand/wands that I want and if you want them bad enough you have to fish for them and another thing I forgot to mention, I didn't use the fishing gear! I only used Elixirs and the tear jewel that gave fishing luck which was only 2% but other than that happy fishing to the people who want the wands.
I'M FREE
Esmee Spear

Edit: It's better to fish for these code wands during the fishing event since you're going to use a lot of energy
You could of gotten all with in an hour, of just farming the sentinel fishes. That's what i did during unlimited energy in the past.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
angellifeheart on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
You could of gotten all with in an hour, of just farming the sentinel fishes. That's what i did during unlimited energy in the past.
I was only farming sentinel fishes, it wasn't possible for me to get all the wands in a hour. Actually... I don't believe it's possible to get all the wands in a hour

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
RunedMaster on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
Are the wands any good?
The wands are mainly for aesthetic and stitching purposes.