Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to fix pip conserve.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Players used to complain that Mana burn took three yellow pips, equivalent to six pips, rather than just three pips. Kingsisle fixed that and now if I Mana Burn someone who has three yellow pips, they get left with one yellow and one white pip. Their pips are conserved!

Just set everyone's pip conserve to 100%

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
Players used to complain that Mana burn took three yellow pips, equivalent to six pips, rather than just three pips. Kingsisle fixed that and now if I Mana Burn someone who has three yellow pips, they get left with one yellow and one white pip. Their pips are conserved!

Just set everyone's pip conserve to 100%
Or how about we just remove the mana burn pip removal? how is it that balance gets to do the same if not more damage than life better utilities, yet gets the option of stalling your opponent out? I still don't support any form of concept or idea than you can strip your opponents power without any expense. In turn base i see this as a big issue. Because there is times I would find my self getting mana burn having 5 pips and i can't even do a reverse uno luminous weaver. Mind you with the amount of pierce balance has vs my 60% resist and their access to infallible pets am taking 1000+ damage.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
angellifeheart on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
Or how about we just remove the mana burn pip removal? how is it that balance gets to do the same if not more damage than life better utilities, yet gets the option of stalling your opponent out? I still don't support any form of concept or idea than you can strip your opponents power without any expense. In turn base i see this as a big issue. Because there is times I would find my self getting mana burn having 5 pips and i can't even do a reverse uno luminous weaver. Mind you with the amount of pierce balance has vs my 60% resist and their access to infallible pets am taking 1000+ damage.
At that point you may as well delete mana burn from the game. You would be better off casting Ninja Piglets for 1 less pip and dealing about the same amount of damage on an enemy with 10 pips. Is there anything you don't think is broken?

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
This thread is actually about pip conserve, not Mana Burn specifically.

How do you feel about the new Mana Burn that takes regular pips and also shadow pips?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Robobot1747 on Jun 30, 2020 wrote:
At that point you may as well delete mana burn from the game. You would be better off casting Ninja Piglets for 1 less pip and dealing about the same amount of damage on an enemy with 10 pips. Is there anything you don't think is broken?
Clearly an over exaggerated statement. Mana Burn does damage base on x amount of pips. It should just be able to be enchanted at the cost of removing the pip removal effect.

In turn base pvp you could end up in a scenario were you need that 4 pip to go for the kill. For balance to end up eating that 4 pip into a sand wurm. Basically a free dispel.

Is there anything I don't think is broken? You, thinking your funny.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
This thread is actually about pip conserve, not Mana Burn specifically.

How do you feel about the new Mana Burn that takes regular pips and also shadow pips?
Any form of pip taking if valued more than 1 is a cheating mechanic, now shadow too? Good luck with that.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Jul 2, 2020 wrote:
Any form of pip taking if valued more than 1 is a cheating mechanic, now shadow too? Good luck with that.
I was kidding of course.

Wouldn't that make people mad if it could take shadow pips?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Jul 11, 2020 wrote:
I was kidding of course.

Wouldn't that make people mad if it could take shadow pips?
Wouldn't insane bolt make people mad, if it could one shot your opponent at the expense of low accuracy?

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Jul 14, 2020 wrote:
Wouldn't insane bolt make people mad, if it could one shot your opponent at the expense of low accuracy?
Seems to me the main purpose of Insane Bolt is a "last resort, hail Mary" kind of play.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Jul 20, 2020 wrote:
Seems to me the main purpose of Insane Bolt is a "last resort, hail Mary" kind of play.
Seems to me that K I loves to make fun of storm and let fire get away with everything with their bias concepts.

Defender
May 11, 2013
angellifeheart on Jul 14, 2020 wrote:
The only thing Insane bolt One shots is the user.