Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing with May Cast Reveal Fish School Spell Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I seem to have encountered an issue while fishing this evening where my pet interferes with casting fishing spells and fishing. Since it is free fishing weekend, I took it for a time to collect the new Khrysalis fish and was farming for a rare fish which requires me to use many fishing spells to weed other fish out of the pool. The problem is, after eliminating all the fish in the pool, my pet decides to randomly cast his reveal fish school spell which turns the fishing icon grey and won't allow me to reset the pool without exiting out of my character and going back into the game again. If you guys could perhaps fix this issue where I can cast a reset pool without exiting after my pet has cast reveal on an empty pool, that would be great. I mean I could use a different pet, but I really shouldn't have to do this.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Good luck Sassy! I reported this bug years ago and have not used my pet with maycast reveal fish school since. I am dismayed to see it was never fixed.

Btw, I am one of the top fisher-wizards in the Spiral, I own every fish in every size