Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Just Isn't Fair Sometimes.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2019
Last night (around 12 am) my 10+ couch potatoes were completely healthy as I just took care of their needs. I wake up to find all of them sick and near death. This is not fair! I have stuff to do in the morning and don't have time until the afternoon to play! Can you please lengthen the time it takes for them to get sick, because I check on them daily yet they still do this.

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
Did you log out while in the house your seeds are planted in? The way gardening works is that your plants are updated when you, or any other wizard, enter your house. So if your house is entered into castle tours, or you log out while in it, your plants may wilt. Hope this helps!

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
AidanLee14 on Jun 25, 2020 wrote:
Last night (around 12 am) my 10+ couch potatoes were completely healthy as I just took care of their needs. I wake up to find all of them sick and near death. This is not fair! I have stuff to do in the morning and don't have time until the afternoon to play! Can you please lengthen the time it takes for them to get sick, because I check on them daily yet they still do this.
You plants develop needs or "wilt" when you visit the house they are in.

If you leave them without needs, they will be okay forever, as I understand it.

As soon as you show up though, they will need water, etc.

Community Leader
I would recommend as the others said:

A: Make sure your gardening castle is not linked to Castle Tours in any way. You or any other wizard that visit will trigger needs / pests. If they're not dealt with, the plant will start to witter.

B: Once you achieve the first step, make sure to visit your castle only when you have the chance to deal with plants. If you don't visit, they won't need you. However, if you visit they WILL need you to take care of them.

Thus, if you don't have time in the morning, make sure no one including yourself visit the garden at that time.

As an alternative, you can also get protection gardening spells from higher rank vendors. These spells generally stop your plants from developing needs / pests for 48hrs but will cost more energy.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Cody RavenTamer on Jun 30, 2020 wrote:
I would recommend as the others said:

A: Make sure your gardening castle is not linked to Castle Tours in any way. You or any other wizard that visit will trigger needs / pests. If they're not dealt with, the plant will start to witter.

B: Once you achieve the first step, make sure to visit your castle only when you have the chance to deal with plants. If you don't visit, they won't need you. However, if you visit they WILL need you to take care of them.

Thus, if you don't have time in the morning, make sure no one including yourself visit the garden at that time.

As an alternative, you can also get protection gardening spells from higher rank vendors. These spells generally stop your plants from developing needs / pests for 48hrs but will cost more energy.
Ouch, you can develop needs if someone else visits your house on Castle Tours? That's seems like something KI should prevent.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
I knew already that if you visit your farm your plants will get needs so I normally avoid doing this.
and today I did plants and used all my energy with the double pet xp. But right after I had to go to to the hatchery to hatch with a friend, so I go to my dorm to use the hatchery tapestry, but by mistake I went through one of my teleporters that took me back to the farm.
My surprise was that it even though I just did plants, when I took that teleporter by mistake, my surprise was that my plants already had lots of needs and I did not have any energy to do them.

so I agree that is not fair that plants do this, it should be like a certain time AFTER when they get the needs, no every time you port to your house.

Now I dont have the crowns or the energy to do my plants and they will be all wittiling when I get the energy to do them.

Also the castle tours people should not affect the plants either.

thank you for reading.