Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I remove my gnomes from mature plants?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2020
I've tested adding and removing a gardening gnome from my rings of plants(I can only use the medium area growing spells at the moment) and it isn't showing any affect on the time till harvest. If I remove the gnome on mature plants, will they still harvest at the same rate? If so, I plan on doing that at the beginning for more rewards.

Unless, you get all the rewards at once? Another question I have: once a second harvest comes up, and a plant becomes elder, do you get all the rewards from the previous harvests you missed, or are they lost forever?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Harvest times don't update automatically, but they are affected by likes and dislikes.

I would just keep the gnome there unless you start finding that harvest times are too fast for you to keep up (an example of this would be the Ultra Ninja Fig plant).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
shadicityy on Jun 21, 2020 wrote:
I've tested adding and removing a gardening gnome from my rings of plants(I can only use the medium area growing spells at the moment) and it isn't showing any affect on the time till harvest. If I remove the gnome on mature plants, will they still harvest at the same rate? If so, I plan on doing that at the beginning for more rewards.

Unless, you get all the rewards at once? Another question I have: once a second harvest comes up, and a plant becomes elder, do you get all the rewards from the previous harvests you missed, or are they lost forever?
The tropical garden gnome can increase growth rate as much as 25%. Removing it will slow that down but I have also seen it glitch and cause the plants to revert to an earlier stage. I would just leave it alone. If you want to remove it, do so before you replant but not during a growth.

No, you don't get all rewards at once. If you miss a harvest, then you have lost that harvest.