Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Regarding Songster Shoes. From the Aethyr Elemental gold key boss.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
Hello

So I never really post on the Wizard101 message boards, but after what feels like forever of farming the Aethyr Elemental gold key boss in Empyrea, and going through countless gold keys I feel *somewhat* desperate to bring this to the attention of hopefully someone who can make a change to the drop rate of these shoes.

For those who don't know the Songster Shoes are the life version of the elegant shoes. Currently the Aethyr Elemental gold key boss, and the Spirit of Ignorance wooden key boss are the only ways to *possibly* obtain these shoes by farming repeatedly. They sadly cannot be purchased in the crown shop unlike the other schools counterpart gear.

I am normally not one to complain and mostly don't. It's only that I feel like I am at my wits end. I have not seen much discussion over the *abysmal* drop rate of this item, and I want to be apart of the few who do speak out and let the community as well as the people who can make a change know that something is definitely wrong with the drop rate.

In my opinion the length of time it takes to defeat the Aethyr Elemental boss is to long to yield such a small chance of receiving the shoes. My advice is to make the shoes drop rate higher, or possibly add the Songster gear set into the crown shop. Us life wizards / gear collectors have wanted the life version of the elegant shoes for so long, and to know they are in game but difficult to get is so very discouraging.

Please do something to remedy this situation. Thank you
P.s- Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the message boards, and for any spelling errors

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
ThatOneKid01 on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
Hello

So I never really post on the Wizard101 message boards, but after what feels like forever of farming the Aethyr Elemental gold key boss in Empyrea, and going through countless gold keys I feel *somewhat* desperate to bring this to the attention of hopefully someone who can make a change to the drop rate of these shoes.

For those who don't know the Songster Shoes are the life version of the elegant shoes. Currently the Aethyr Elemental gold key boss, and the Spirit of Ignorance wooden key boss are the only ways to *possibly* obtain these shoes by farming repeatedly. They sadly cannot be purchased in the crown shop unlike the other schools counterpart gear.

I am normally not one to complain and mostly don't. It's only that I feel like I am at my wits end. I have not seen much discussion over the *abysmal* drop rate of this item, and I want to be apart of the few who do speak out and let the community as well as the people who can make a change know that something is definitely wrong with the drop rate.

In my opinion the length of time it takes to defeat the Aethyr Elemental boss is to long to yield such a small chance of receiving the shoes. My advice is to make the shoes drop rate higher, or possibly add the Songster gear set into the crown shop. Us life wizards / gear collectors have wanted the life version of the elegant shoes for so long, and to know they are in game but difficult to get is so very discouraging.

Please do something to remedy this situation. Thank you
P.s- Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the message boards, and for any spelling errors
You have a better chance of getting it from the spirit of ignorance, I have gotten the set completed 5 times to the point it annoyed me a lil but who am i to judge. I don't complain either and I wish the same can be said for fell spawn in terms of drop rates. Keep trying am sure you will eventually get it. Best of luck!

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
i been trying to get the devs attention about life styles in general i dont think they care i posted about the life school not having a rogue style life hood and no response and i have been trying to get songster shoes also and nothing after tons of runs and even getting wooden keys is hard and usually you get nothing from the bosses i spent 30k crowns at morganthe to get the athame and amulet i couldnt get the athame at graveyard at all either after tons of runs