Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do Dead Plants Still Count as Likes?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I had seen a couple videos and posts a couple years back that say KI fixed this and that you now need to have LIVE plants for them to count as likes in your garden. Can anyone please verify?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Yes they do, that’s why in a 69 couch potato garden, you would sometimes have 1 couch potato not elder in time as the rest because the dead king parsley would sometimes “steal” a like from 1 of the couch potatoes because a pixie like is capped at 69 plants, leaving 1 without it. 69 couch potato + 1 king parsley for the likes = 70 btw. It is actually supposed to be 68 couch potato seeds + 1 king parsley seed to make 69 plot.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Until they fix it, it has happened to me multiple times so I can confirm.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Barondaring on Jun 15, 2020 wrote:
Yes they do, that’s why in a 69 couch potato garden, you would sometimes have 1 couch potato not elder in time as the rest because the dead king parsley would sometimes “steal” a like from 1 of the couch potatoes because a pixie like is capped at 69 plants, leaving 1 without it. 69 couch potato + 1 king parsley for the likes = 70 btw. It is actually supposed to be 68 couch potato seeds + 1 king parsley seed to make 69 plot.
likes are not capped at 69 plants and my 100 plant gardens on 12 wizards for my accounts and 12 for my wifes accounts proves that, Simply put the boom shroom counts for all 100 Plants

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
RedDragon877 on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
likes are not capped at 69 plants and my 100 plant gardens on 12 wizards for my accounts and 12 for my wifes accounts proves that, Simply put the boom shroom counts for all 100 Plants
I can confirm that liked items can be used by 138 plants. I have 2 side by side 69 plot gardens with only 1 set of likes in between them, and have had them cover everything.

Defender
May 11, 2013
dayerider on Aug 23, 2020 wrote:
I can confirm that liked items can be used by 138 plants. I have 2 side by side 69 plot gardens with only 1 set of likes in between them, and have had them cover everything.
Very nice to know, but my 100 plot gardens was well before I bothered starting with a 69 plot, which was only last week. The others have been there for years :D was considering making all my gardens 69 plots how ever so that is useful information.