Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade nerf?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I'm speaking from my experience in max pvp.

I'll start by saying that there are some types of jades, even jade healers, that don't bother me. The games are slow and boring, but some of them actually use strategy and their goal is to ultimately kill you.

Then, there are the jades whose only goal is to make their opponents flee. I don't know how KI would nerf jade to distinguish between the two, but there are some jades (often life jades) who just shield spam, heal, and reshuffle. They are a burden on the entire PVP system. No one enjoys fighting them. In theory they can be countered by a scion/one-shot, but if their resist is high and their health is nearly 8,000, it's impossible for schools who aren't as damage-oriented or who can't one-shot easily. Take balance: the setup for the scion is extensive (6 blades??!), not to mention that blade-stacking with universal damage blades doesn't work when people can weakness and shield spam. Yes, there are a few ways to counter, but it's not like we can all afford to carry around 12 cleanses in our side decks.

Please ki, i just spent two hours in a battle with this dude so that he wouldn't get back in queue and bother someone else.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
kswgdog112 on Jun 13, 2020 wrote:
I'm speaking from my experience in max pvp.

I'll start by saying that there are some types of jades, even jade healers, that don't bother me. The games are slow and boring, but some of them actually use strategy and their goal is to ultimately kill you.

Then, there are the jades whose only goal is to make their opponents flee. I don't know how KI would nerf jade to distinguish between the two, but there are some jades (often life jades) who just shield spam, heal, and reshuffle. They are a burden on the entire PVP system. No one enjoys fighting them. In theory they can be countered by a scion/one-shot, but if their resist is high and their health is nearly 8,000, it's impossible for schools who aren't as damage-oriented or who can't one-shot easily. Take balance: the setup for the scion is extensive (6 blades??!), not to mention that blade-stacking with universal damage blades doesn't work when people can weakness and shield spam. Yes, there are a few ways to counter, but it's not like we can all afford to carry around 12 cleanses in our side decks.

Please ki, i just spent two hours in a battle with this dude so that he wouldn't get back in queue and bother someone else.
Just make pvp have a time limit so I dont have to pass for 2 days until the maintenance comes on