Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Higher Speed Mounts

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
W101 has developed a trend that makes me sad and annoyed.

Wizard101 is, on the surface, presented as a magic-based universe, where magic gives greater than life abilities. So why does it seem that the designers invariably default to mechanical items (mounts in particular) as being superior to magic? This technology bias is counter to all of the magic premise, even so much so that pollution has often been built in! Exhaust spewing cars, motorcycles and bicycles are a superior ride to carpets, enchanted creatures or even elemental forces. I understand that these mechanical creations are presumably magic imbued, yet they are unmistakably machines.

Why do magicians have to be reliant on machines for greatest results? If so, then shouldn’t this be Mechanic101? I love Wizard101, but to proceed in this direction is diluting in premise.

If KI wants to go seriously mag-tech, perhaps therein is the basis of a third major game universe. But not W101, please!

Give magic items the power they deserve! Not only equal to those of the industrial world, but superior as they should be in the universe you first offered!