Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaking Kiosk Talent Searcher List Not Serving Its Purpose Fully

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2016
The point of hatchmaking kiosk is so we can find the pets with SPECIFIC talents that we want. But right now we can't add more than 2 talents in the talent search list. I wasted my hours and didn't find the pet that I WANT SPECIFICLY.

Please change the hatchmaking kiosk talent search list capacity from 2 to 5

Hatching already costs 100k gold and i waste my hours trying to find the pet that i want and in the result i waste my 1 hour and don't find the pet i want . Resulting hatchmaking kiosk not serving its PURPOSE. Its purpose was it would help us find the SPECIFIC pets that we wanted.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
I definitely agree - I think diminishing the number of talents we can select down to 2 was a terrible move. Unless you're looking for a very common pet with common talents (eg. a double triple pet), it's VERY difficult to find a pet with talents you want. I've been a pet hatcher for almost a decade now and have HUNDREDS of pets, and I'm struggling greatly with finding pets I want. I'm actually getting failed pets more often, which is causing me to hatch more. I guess that's part of the plan for KI to get more money, but I wish the players would be the main focus rather than profit. Very disappointing. Even adding the ability to add a third talent would help immensely, but adding all 5 would be the best.
130 130 100 72 55 52 10

Community Leader
I understand your frustration due to the recent change, but I also understand why these changes have taken place.

First of all, the purpose of the hatchmaking kiosk was to allow players more access to different pets. Before the kiosk was introduced to the game, you would've had to find someone kind enough to hatch with you and the pet might still not be what you want exactly.

Now that the kiosk is a part of the game, all this has become soooo much easier. The barrier to entry for pet creation has become extremely low, which is good, but only to some extent. There still needs to be some difficulty in the process. The fun is in the journey and not the destination.

On top of that, allowing players to search for 5 specific talents was causing everyone to hatch with the same pets and causing the "Pet is no longer available" pop up to appear most of the time. So, this was a potential fix.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Aug 15, 2020
Cody RavenTamer on Jun 10, 2020 wrote:
I understand your frustration due to the recent change, but I also understand why these changes have taken place.

First of all, the purpose of the hatchmaking kiosk was to allow players more access to different pets. Before the kiosk was introduced to the game, you would've had to find someone kind enough to hatch with you and the pet might still not be what you want exactly.

Now that the kiosk is a part of the game, all this has become soooo much easier. The barrier to entry for pet creation has become extremely low, which is good, but only to some extent. There still needs to be some difficulty in the process. The fun is in the journey and not the destination.

On top of that, allowing players to search for 5 specific talents was causing everyone to hatch with the same pets and causing the "Pet is no longer available" pop up to appear most of the time. So, this was a potential fix.
the barrier to entry is still extremely high, most of the energy people have while they level up is wasted because they do not have the massive gardens you older players have, and now that double gardening does not affect seeds (or mega snacks I head recently) a new player's capacity to make at least 1 decent pet for even just their first character will take them a very long time. it took me about until I was level 70 just to make a pet with max stats for the purpose of copying other pets and I was even gardening constantly

Defender
May 31, 2009
If you think hatching is hard using the Kiosk as it is now, imagine how hard it was BEFORE the Kiosk?

But I get it, that you used to be able to search by 5 talents (or Abilities - don't forget derby!) and then that was changed to only 2 is indeed frustrating because the implications of what they were doing when the Kiosk was put into the game should have been anticipated in advance. Had they come out with only being able to filter for 2 in the first place people would've only thought how much better this was than before the Kiosk. But to give it to us for a while and then take it away? Poor planning.

That said, even with 2 out of 5, holy cow - STILL awesome! You don't have to ask - or beg - others for hatches and you can see a TON of pets. And if you put in some great pets, you can get rewarded with hatching peppers as thanks for helping others.

Would 5 be better than 2? Of course it would. But if you think about what the Kiosk does - as a shortcut to getting what you want by "using" someone else's pet - then you could consider the time you spend looking for your idea of perfection as an investment.

Maybe one of these days K I will give us an opportunity to "earn" additional filters? Not BUY - adding this to a pack or as Crowns would be cruel. But imagine if there were conditions that could give you an additional filter or maybe allow you to add more than 5 pets? Genius!

Casp