Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pip Wisps in the Beastmoon Hunt

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
The game mechanic of Pip Wisps is a core component of the games strategy and balancing of strenghths and weaknesses of the various beast forms.

Beasts that can join a battle with 3 pips in hand have an advantage over those that can only join with one or none. This advantage was accounted for when the game designers set the damage, health limits, and spell deck options for each form.

This is the third consecutive Beastmoon Hunt to be populated with what I am gonna call "ghost pip wisps" -- wisps that appear to be battle pips, but which can not be collected.

In my experience it seems that close to (or more than) half the wisps I encounter are ghost wisps. There is a form of ghost wisp that sits on the health ball and obstructs you from restoring your health as well!

There really are two options: either these ghost wisps are intentional on the part of KI, meant to "enhance" the experience of playing in the Beastmoon Hunt, or they are not, and are the symptom of some broken programming somewhere.

These ghost wisps destroy the delicate balance of health, potency of attack, and sequence that were intended by the game designers. They destroy the enjoyment of the superior game experience that the Beastmoon offers over Wiz101pvp.

Would it be possible for KI to fix this issue before the next Hunt, or make an announcement that they are intentional and that players must simply deal with it?

Administrator
ChicoValerian on Jun 7, 2020 wrote:
The game mechanic of Pip Wisps is a core component of the games strategy and balancing of strenghths and weaknesses of the various beast forms.

Beasts that can join a battle with 3 pips in hand have an advantage over those that can only join with one or none. This advantage was accounted for when the game designers set the damage, health limits, and spell deck options for each form.

This is the third consecutive Beastmoon Hunt to be populated with what I am gonna call "ghost pip wisps" -- wisps that appear to be battle pips, but which can not be collected.

In my experience it seems that close to (or more than) half the wisps I encounter are ghost wisps. There is a form of ghost wisp that sits on the health ball and obstructs you from restoring your health as well!

There really are two options: either these ghost wisps are intentional on the part of KI, meant to "enhance" the experience of playing in the Beastmoon Hunt, or they are not, and are the symptom of some broken programming somewhere.

These ghost wisps destroy the delicate balance of health, potency of attack, and sequence that were intended by the game designers. They destroy the enjoyment of the superior game experience that the Beastmoon offers over Wiz101pvp.

Would it be possible for KI to fix this issue before the next Hunt, or make an announcement that they are intentional and that players must simply deal with it?
There remains an issue with wisps that we are working on resolving for the next events. Our apologies that we can't resolve it by the end of the current event.

If you see a wisp that you can't seem to pick up, it was likely already picked up by someone just off-camera. Your client mistakenly thinks it's still there when it's not.

For now, if you see a wisp that you can't pick up, move on and try the next one you find.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Thank you for the answer, Sparck. I hope it is an accurate diagnosis, although I fear it is not, because there seem to be many other circumstances in which the wisps are unobtainable. Nevertheless, you should be assured that there are many, many of us rooting for the devs who are working on this issue that goes to the core of the dynamic balance of the Hunt.