Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Talents Improve with skill?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
So I know that some pet talents that affect your wizards stats are liked to the pets talents (strength for damage and so on). I want to know if those existing talents improve with the stats. Im new to pet breeding and am on my third generation which got pain-giver, a % damage boost to all damage my wizard deals. However since it got this skill on its first level up (baby-teen) it was only 1% boost, which is almost useless. Any help is appreciated, it was hard to find this specific information on forums.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Moon321305 on May 27, 2020 wrote:
So I know that some pet talents that affect your wizards stats are liked to the pets talents (strength for damage and so on). I want to know if those existing talents improve with the stats. Im new to pet breeding and am on my third generation which got pain-giver, a % damage boost to all damage my wizard deals. However since it got this skill on its first level up (baby-teen) it was only 1% boost, which is almost useless. Any help is appreciated, it was hard to find this specific information on forums.
Isolated pet talents % numbers are boosted by increasing strength, intellect,agility, will and power. Their are basically on the right side next to talents. These are general boosted by giving you pets snacks. Mega snacks is existentially the best type of snacks you can give to level pets up quickly. However since your new, I suggest using level 8 snacks for leveling and boosting those stats. If you highlight over the indicated stats menu on the right, it will tell you which stats affects which. For example, giving that you gotten pain giver at teen base on the pet numbers max % you can get is 6 which would require numbers over 200+. It is more easier to start a with a pet with base of numbers over 200 so that, when you already hatch for the talents you want the numbers goes up with it. Best of luck!

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Moon321305 on May 27, 2020 wrote:
Pet talents like pain-giver or spell-defy get stronger with the experience of the pet.

Pain-giver will start off giving a damage boost of 1%, then increase to 6% as you train your pet.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/PetAbility:Pain-Giver#axzz6Ng185pN1

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
So with pet talents, the strength of them (with the exception of may casts and spell-giving talents) depends on how trained your pet is. As you get more points in each of the 5 main categories of pets (strength, will, etc), the strength of the given talents increases. For example, you said that you got Pain Giver. At max, this usually gives 6% damage to all schools. However, it relies on how much you have trained your pet in the strength, will, and power categories (as those are the ones that affect damage). As you max out those categories, you will see the percentage go up from 1%, one percentage at a time. Keep training your pet and you should be good to go!
130 130 9472 54 48 10

Community Leader
In fact it does increase!

What you need to do is continue training and feeding your pet so you fill up the pet stat bars. Typically, Pain Giver will give you about 5% - 6% damage boost, but it all depends on the pet's stats. The higher they are, the more stats you get!

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP