Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

(My concept, for your consideration), The Boss Token System!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
Alright, this is my first ever forum post after getting into it very recently, so thanks for reading if you do. For my explanation, I will be using Malistaire's Robe of Flux as dropped by Malistaire the Undying(Castle Darkmoor, Graveyard).
RNG is a large part of Wizard101 as a whole, and that can be what makes it fun sometimes, but it can also become a problem for people who do not have enough time for the uncertainty, and quest ahead without being able to get their necessary/desired items.

Now imagine this:
A new Backpack tab that has these "Tokens" and a vendor standing in the base area of Castle Darkmoor, and you can spend tokens to get, per say, your Malistaire robe you just can't manage to get no matter how much you farm. Each defeat of Malistaire gains one "Token", (obviously mean to be applicable to all bosses, and they are to be no trade and no two bosses should have the same one token), and that vendor standing outside sells the robe for 15(can be manipulated for balance reasons, just a placeholder) "Malistaire the Undying Boss Tokens", meaning any player can know they will eventually get the item they want with a little bit of work, if the RNG system doesn't play their way. This idea not only helps with consistency in the game, but can also open up to a new membership benefit, "Double Boss Tokens"

Well that was a long, probably repetitive, explanation, I hope everyone took something from this. I have had this idea for so long and I have always wanted to see if anybody approved, especially a developer, and see if it would ever be added into the game. This has been so fun to write, thank you!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This is exactly like the token idea mentioned on THIS THREAD.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
dayerider on May 26, 2020 wrote:
This is exactly like the token idea mentioned on THIS THREAD.
Hey, if I copied you or anybody else somehow it was not intentional in the slightest, this has been an idea of mine for a long time but I have chosen now to share it. If it makes you feel better I will take it down but I don't steal ideas.

Survivor
May 01, 2011
I think this idea will be VERY beneficial toward the community as it places a definitive goal and reward and this will consequently result in player satisfaction knowing that they can obtain the item regardless of RNG. However, I feel like if they make the price of tokens where you can buy the item too low it will devalue the piece of gear to the point where everyone has it. I feel like this idea is definitely a step in the right direction as I have also been subject to horrendous RNG to the point where I shelled out over 20$ in Krokopatra Exalted duels to not get anything. I think a lot of us can agree that the drop system needs some kind of guarantee that at some point we will get the drop. This idea and the post linked earlier relating to the Challenge Based system are two really innovative ideas to tackle this problem.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
No harm done at all. My point in posting that was to demonstrate that it has been suggested before (and is a really good idea) :) There are TONS of suggestions that have been reposted. Personally, I don't care if they don't give anybody credit, so long as they implement the idea :)