Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raging Bull needs a small buff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I appreciate if everyone here can hear me out. As it being a fire spell, I expect it to be somewhere close in terms of damage potential as a storm spell. When it is compared to it's counterparts such as glow bug and mystic colossus, I think it's pretty weak. To start off, glow bug is 220 more damage (assuming raging bull hits its max and minimum of 775) than bull. That is practically a gargantuan enchantment difference in damage. When compared against mystic colossus, it will always do a fixed 880. This is only 20 less damage than raging bull's maximum damage, and often times the bull will probably hit for less than 900 because its not a fixed number but a range (775-900). In addition to this, glow bug and mystic are both one pip less than raging bull, which is odd because this spell should technically be slightly better if I am paying one additional pip. The bonus of effect of cleansing all enemy charms on glow bugs and wards on mystic is also much more impactful than a -25% mantle to all. I personally think -25% is too little to make any difference should at least be -45.

Edit: I also like to mention in the worse case scenario, Raging bull doing 775 damage is 345 less damage than glow bugs and 105 less than mystic all while being one pip more expensive than them!
How I may tweak Raging Bull
1. Make the damage a fixed number instead of a range of numbers.
2. Increase the accuracy debuff.
3. Making it a 5 pip spell so it is more in line with the other spells (this is probably highly impossible, so probably look for other options)

Please tell me what you guys think! Sincerely a fire wizard that just unlocked Raging Bull.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Emily Soul on May 25, 2020 wrote:
I appreciate if everyone here can hear me out. As it being a fire spell, I expect it to be somewhere close in terms of damage potential as a storm spell. When it is compared to it's counterparts such as glow bug and mystic colossus, I think it's pretty weak. To start off, glow bug is 220 more damage (assuming raging bull hits its max and minimum of 775) than bull. That is practically a gargantuan enchantment difference in damage. When compared against mystic colossus, it will always do a fixed 880. This is only 20 less damage than raging bull's maximum damage, and often times the bull will probably hit for less than 900 because its not a fixed number but a range (775-900). In addition to this, glow bug and mystic are both one pip less than raging bull, which is odd because this spell should technically be slightly better if I am paying one additional pip. The bonus of effect of cleansing all enemy charms on glow bugs and wards on mystic is also much more impactful than a -25% mantle to all. I personally think -25% is too little to make any difference should at least be -45.

Edit: I also like to mention in the worse case scenario, Raging bull doing 775 damage is 345 less damage than glow bugs and 105 less than mystic all while being one pip more expensive than them!
How I may tweak Raging Bull
1. Make the damage a fixed number instead of a range of numbers.
2. Increase the accuracy debuff.
3. Making it a 5 pip spell so it is more in line with the other spells (this is probably highly impossible, so probably look for other options)

Please tell me what you guys think! Sincerely a fire wizard that just unlocked Raging Bull.
Lets be clear with one thing cause this post alone brings chill down my spine. First of all Fire was never meant to be equal in damage like storm no not in a million years, that's why they got 1000+ more health than storm as a buff in itself. Later on i realize in some of the of the gears fire has been getting better % than storm. I personally think its fine how it is damage wise and the only thing needed is a small upgrade to mantle de-buff perhaps a -35%. 45% is asking too much for an aoe damage spell on one of the mos potentially dominant school in pvp. Its about time fire school gets a cool down.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
While fire wizards are not supposed to be equal in damage to storm, they are supposed to be a close second. The difference in damage between Glowbug Squall and Raging Bull is ridiculous. Bull has greatly reduced damage and the secondary effect of -25% accuracy is pathetic when compared to Glowbug removing ALL blades on every enemy. Bull either needs more damage, or a greater accuracy debuff. Raging bull is also an extra pip from Glowbug Squall, which seems ridiculous since storm has a shadow AOE for one less pip, more damage, and a much better secondary effect. Raging Bull certainly needs a buff.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
It's important to remember that many spells are already being nerfed on test realm. Bugs and mystic being on the list of spells being nerfed. Bulls is getting a buff already by beduffing accuracy more.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
dragonslay3r39 on Jul 9, 2020 wrote:
While fire wizards are not supposed to be equal in damage to storm, they are supposed to be a close second. The difference in damage between Glowbug Squall and Raging Bull is ridiculous. Bull has greatly reduced damage and the secondary effect of -25% accuracy is pathetic when compared to Glowbug removing ALL blades on every enemy. Bull either needs more damage, or a greater accuracy debuff. Raging bull is also an extra pip from Glowbug Squall, which seems ridiculous since storm has a shadow AOE for one less pip, more damage, and a much better secondary effect. Raging Bull certainly needs a buff.
And look now? glow bug now does 940 damage and does nothing vs FFA that does 960-1080 and 25%x3 trap with 0 back lash. Rusalka's wrath does 1350 and still gives a -30% weakness.
Bull gets away with 705-825 with a 40% mantle.
Then they just started going about nerfing every other storm spells to the ground mainly sirens and levianthan.
But fire gets away with a free dragon buff, that does 975 base damage for 7 pips.
Sirens got got from 880 removes 2 charm and -50% mantle to now 730 and remove 1.
Storm owl drop a 175 in damage yet i don't see any nerfs going towards rain of fire.