Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spells from gear not working dispite pips

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Over the holidays I purchased some of the new holiday packs to get the new outfits in various colors. However none of the new forest lord spells from the other schools let me cast them. I have all 7 yellow pips up, so technically 14 pips. They need 8 pips to cast. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong or if it's a glitch. Please fix it so it's one pip less to cast or let the yellow pips be double like how I thought it was. Or please tell me how I can use them. They are not my primary school.
Thank you.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
You need to use a mastery amulet to cast them if they aren't from your primary school.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Power Pips are equal to 2 White Pips, but only for your primary school.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Maybe I'm understanding your problem wrong, but if I'm understanding correctly, then it's because you simply don't have the pips. If, like you said, the spells aren't your primary school, then you would need 8 pips, no matter whether yellow or white, to cast. As you can only have 7 maximum, unless they increase the maximum amount of pips to 8 pips you would not be able to cast those spells without a mastery amulet of some sort (or obviously creating a wizard for that school). A mastery amulet would allow the power pips to count for double and you'd be able to hit the 8 pip cost. Hope that helped! :)

130 130 88 72 54 48 10