Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Kiosk: Problem with search talents and some pets inavaliable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Before the update, i could choose 3 and even 4 different talents to search a pet in the kiosk, but after the update, i can't choose more that two talents, and i waste more time looking for a pet with desired talents...

Another problem is: There are pets listed in the kiosk when i click to hatch, a message appears "this pet is not avaliable", do not matter what option do you use to search for a pet, you can see the same pet and get the same message.

Community Leader
The fact you can now search for up to 2 talents only is intended and not a bug. This was pointed out in the Spring 2020 update notes.

While I understand that this could be annoying, it was actually done so that error you mentioned is displayed far less. By widening the search (due to less talents) there will be a wider selection of pets to choose from for everyone which will make the chance of people picking the same pet less likely.

Personally, I thought it would be a bad change at first, but I actually managed to find all the pets I wanted from the kiosk after all. Just gotta search for most desired talents.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Cody RavenTamer on May 16, 2020 wrote:
The fact you can now search for up to 2 talents only is intended and not a bug. This was pointed out in the Spring 2020 update notes.

While I understand that this could be annoying, it was actually done so that error you mentioned is displayed far less. By widening the search (due to less talents) there will be a wider selection of pets to choose from for everyone which will make the chance of people picking the same pet less likely.

Personally, I thought it would be a bad change at first, but I actually managed to find all the pets I wanted from the kiosk after all. Just gotta search for most desired talents.
I haven't see this part in the update note or maybe i forgot...

About the error, I can understand, but i still got bad luck with this error, anyway i found another pet with the desired talents, thank you for your reply

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Cody RavenTamer on May 16, 2020 wrote:

I hope KI realizes that this explanation makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The people want what they want when it comes to pet talents. Widening the search does not fix the issue, it just makes everything far worse. Rummaging through pets already took long enough and now it's just gonna take that much longer. By widening the search, it just means we are forced to look at more pets. Pets we do not want. It's as if KI is hoping we will give up searching and hatch with the first pet with the 2 talents we searched for that comes along.

A real solution is to put in a timer for when that pet will be available to hatch with next. Or, just remove those pets. Who in the Spiral thought 'widening the search' would be a good idea?

What is sorely needed are 'page numbers'. Numbering the pages will let us know when our search has wrapped around to where we started from. Otherwise, we just keep searching in an endless loop.

Another solution to improving the kiosk is adding a feature so we can "dog-ear" or "favorite" the pets we are interested in. Let us dog-ear 3 or 4 pets so we can view and compare them all side-by-side-by-side-by-side.

Survivor
May 05, 2014
This literally is so ridiculous, to “fix” the issue they make it harder/ longer for you to find the pet with the talents you want so that the error doesn’t show up. They “reduced” the amount of that error showing up because you most likely now won’t find the pet you want to hatch with and as a result you will most likely not hatch therefore subsequently “reducing” that message. You didn’t fix the problem, you now created another problem.