Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scroll of Fortune Points Loss and Compensation

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Final 5/20 Update: We are continuing the process in recovering your Scroll of Fortune points and for some accounts the purchase of the Scroll of Fortune itself.

Everyone that had earned at least one point up to 500 points since May 8th was granted 500 points. We were not able to award the exact amount you had lost, so some of you have received more than what you had originally acquired to ensure everyone has the minimum back.

For the folks that lost more than 500 points, you also received the above 500 points as well as all the points you expected to have recovered.

Recovery includes the scroll itself if you previously had one.

There are a few outlier accounts we are working on yet to award the proper amount of points.

As a bonus, any rewards you’ve already earned will be awarded a second time. The exceptions to this are the Wysteria Villa Housing Recipe, the new teleport particle, and the new emote, as those are all limited to one per character.

Our apologies for this issue and thank you again for your patience as we worked on a resolution.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
Sparck on May 15, 2020 wrote:
Final 5/20 Update: We are continuing the process in recovering your Scroll of Fortune points and for some accounts the purchase of the Scroll of Fortune itself.

Everyone that had earned at least one point up to 500 points since May 8th was granted 500 points. We were not able to award the exact amount you had lost, so some of you have received more than what you had originally acquired to ensure everyone has the minimum back.

For the folks that lost more than 500 points, you also received the above 500 points as well as all the points you expected to have recovered.

There are a few outlier accounts we are working on yet to award the proper amount of points.

As a bonus, any rewards you’ve already earned will be awarded a second time. The exceptions to this are the Wysteria Villa Housing Recipe, the new teleport particle, and the new emote, as those are all limited to one per character.

Our apologies for this issue and thank you again for your patience as we worked on a resolution.
Thank you for fixing the problem! I havent gotten all my points back but i got my scrool back to this is amazing! Thank you to all the full staff for fixing this issue! You guys are the best! I think I can speak for all Wizards when I say... WE LOVE YOU!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2011
Sparck on May 20, 2020 wrote:

Hey Sparck!
Before the bug, I was on the almost at the third prize for tier 8.
When the bug hit, I was almost halfway through the Spiral showcase event, I since completed that and gained approximately 100 extra points when the event was in its last hours. I also raked up 71 deckathalon points as of yesterday.
Right now, as it stands, my points are at 2522 (Almost at the 5th level of tier 8).
Which means something went wrong there for me, since I raked up enough points to go past atleast tier 8 or almost at the end of it. Because since the bug was fixed, I only moved 2 prizes and 3/4.
I'm not sure if its too early to report this since you guys are still in the stage of fixing the bugs.

Thanks for everything so far <3 <3

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
Well that is disappointing. I was still earning points since the crash and now I have gone back to almost where I was before the crash happened. That means that I actually went backwards from where I would be if this had not happened and my account was not compensated completely.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
I was on over 1000 at the time of the fault, I have had barely half of what I lost recovered, this hardly seems fair. I invested time and crowns into this.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010

Hi Sparck,

I received my scroll back but I’m still almost 500 below what I should have been at. Am I one of the outliers or something.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2012

Hi Sparck,

Sorry if I misread, but when I logged on I was only moved back to the seventh tier of rewards (which is where I was before the setback), almost receiving the augmentation runes. However when the setback happened, I was moved all the way back to tier 3 rewards from the spot that I was returned to today. Is the extra 500 coming at a later date? Did me doing the events and earning points towards the scroll prevent me from getting these extra 500 points?

Thank you.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
My scroll of Fortune and points prior to loss are restored. However, the points I earned during the issue have been lost??

Explorer
Sep 18, 2009
Hey Sparck, I did not get back as many points as I lost, the past few days I've been gathering points again, and now immediately after the restore I am right behind the wysteria villa recipe, that recipe is where I was before the glitch, I even have it in my inventory even though my scroll is not there yet. This means that I did not recieve nearly the amount of points lost, as I have accrued several hundred points in the previous days, which should have been added to my initial point value, however due to the fact that I am not where I left off, I am still down several hundred points, please correct this, the only event going on right now is the life deckathalon, I do not like the new style of deckathalon's where you cannot simply buy more credits, this inhibits the ability to rapidly gain points back, and if you don't do it correctly, you will not even reach one hundred points per day

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
So I got some points back but I’m still missing about 620 points. I know you guys are still working on it so I’ll keep being patience to see if anything changes. But I hope I can get the remaining of my missing points

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
One thing to take note is that some of us were reset to the beginning of an entire page (Me going from the end of tier 6 all the way back to the start of tier 4). So the 500 hundred points that you guys gave didn't even put me to where I last was before the reset and that is even with me going up to tier 5 during the time we waited for a resolution. The fact that i'm still lower than where I was before the restart is disheartening. I should be at least at the end of tier 7 or the beginning of tier 8

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I was on teir 8 before the crash now I'm on 6 and there is no.way to finish in 11 days

Survivor
May 28, 2012
Yeah I believe I have the same issue as betrayal13. I have the points restored from the time the issue occurred but for the past week of me gaining points they have not been accumulated. I hit max points pretty much every day since the issue occurred.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2020

My scroll of Fortune have restored too but they don't give me any more points :(

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
I'm in the missing points boat too. Based on where I was before the glitch and how much I earned during the showcase I'm missing at least 350/400 points? There's no way I'm going to make it to the end of the scroll at this rate when I should have been in the clear with days to spare.

Administrator
We have begun a final round of points recovery this morning. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Survivor
Jan 26, 2017
Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
This is so lame. i was less than a hundred away from the painting, and now at best i'm at the start of tier 3. This is the first time i participated in the SoF. I even bought the actual scroll of fortune. First and last time i'm buying it. :/

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
Sparck on May 22, 2020 wrote:
We have begun a final round of points recovery this morning. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Thank you Sparck!

Do you know how long it might take for points to be posted? I’m still missing close to 600+, thank you for acknowledging the issue!

Jacob

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
How long should we give it to see if our points returned?

Administrator
Hi all! We're still working diligently to have resolved for the remainder of folks. This process has taken multiple spells to get the data settled and applied. We know some of you are not yet whole.

Rest assured, you're seen & will not be forgotten! You can continue to play Scroll of Fortune and accrue points while we're sorting this out. All points will be cumulatively added. Keep checking your points periodically to for updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
Has anyone gotten the extra points they’re supposed to get since the above “update”? I’m still like 700+ short and nothing has changed. Just curious...

Survivor
May 11, 2010
I'm only at 2443 points, I should be at 3069 please fix this so I can get my rewards

Administrator
Thanks for the update on your points. We are still processing several accounts throughout the day today, so please wait until tomorrow afternoon to see what your point total is at that time.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2014
Just to say that I got everything back plus the bonus doubled items. So thank you very much KI and Sparck for having everything under control

I'd very much like to ask everyone to be patient on this one because the problem is eventually being resolved gradually for everyone.

Thanks again

~ Michael ThunderBlood