Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unbalanced PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2013
Whenever I try playing PvP, or try getting into it, it's extremely hard. I'm not saying that it should be easy, but it's extremely difficult for players who just want to start into it for the following reasons.

One of which is that, I always keep getting paired up with a Commander or a Warlord. I'm simply a private with 11 loses because of this. I find it impossible to find another person of my rank to do ranked PvP with. It's just so unbalanced. Imagine, you're someone new, with relatively good gear thinking you'd stand a chance, only to get completely destroyed by someone who's been playing for years on end, with pristine stats to follow up on top of it. It's just so unfair, it keeps my away from PvP. There's almost no point of playing it since I don't have the time to grind perfect stats on my pets 24/7 or the the money to buy a ton of packs, or get benefits through the crowns.

I highly recommend that they add a much more enjoyable and fair pairing system, so that a new person doesn't just get paired with someone who's automatically a Warlord on the first try. It's just so dismotivational. I just can't stress enough how much better the PvP would be if they implemented a fix to this. Anyways, if you guys have comments on this, I'm free to hear you guys out with tips and suggestions. Thanks .

Level 72

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
Tanthium on May 12, 2020 wrote:
Whenever I try playing PvP, or try getting into it, it's extremely hard. I'm not saying that it should be easy, but it's extremely difficult for players who just want to start into it for the following reasons.

One of which is that, I always keep getting paired up with a Commander or a Warlord. I'm simply a private with 11 loses because of this. I find it impossible to find another person of my rank to do ranked PvP with. It's just so unbalanced. Imagine, you're someone new, with relatively good gear thinking you'd stand a chance, only to get completely destroyed by someone who's been playing for years on end, with pristine stats to follow up on top of it. It's just so unfair, it keeps my away from PvP. There's almost no point of playing it since I don't have the time to grind perfect stats on my pets 24/7 or the the money to buy a ton of packs, or get benefits through the crowns.

I highly recommend that they add a much more enjoyable and fair pairing system, so that a new person doesn't just get paired with someone who's automatically a Warlord on the first try. It's just so dismotivational. I just can't stress enough how much better the PvP would be if they implemented a fix to this. Anyways, if you guys have comments on this, I'm free to hear you guys out with tips and suggestions. Thanks .

Level 72
since 2013 and you have a 72? and you're pvping at that level? your gear isn't going to be good at 72 and that's entirely fair if someone has been playing longer and grinded for better gear, fun fact packs dont have the best gear for just about any level 1 piece at most.
if you wanna pvp more easily pvp at lvl 100 or higher.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2013
No, me being level 100 for PVP is irrelevant. I'm talking about the fact that I'm a private, just starting out in PVP and I'm already facing Commanders / Warlords. It's completely unfair, how am I supposed to get into it when I'm already fighting well established people?

The point is, they need to expand on PVP. They need to make fair match making. It's not fair that I'm fighting people with PVP exclusive equipment, on top of their advantage in experience. I'm not saying PVP should be easy, because it abosolutely shouldn't. I'm just saying it shouldn't be completely, if not almost impossible.

Commanders should fight Commanders, if there's a small unavilability, one below or one above. A warlord VS. a private is just completely unfair.