Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Joy of Photomancy--and a suggestion for scenic vistas.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I am a shutterbug and Photoshop artist, so I have grabbing screenshots from around the spiral for years. Over the years, me and my friends have collected many costumes and pets so we can dress for any magical photo occasion.

It took me a while to catch on, but the Photomancy feature makes it so much easier to get great pictures! I don't even need to bother with Photoshop...most of the time. I have also started to notice that the Photomancy camera lets me see interesting little details and "Easter eggs" I might have missed otherwise.

There is a lot of strange, beautiful and sometimes funny artwork around the spiral, so I am probably not the only one who goes questing or farming and stops "wait, I need to get a picture of this."

Now that I have completed all the worlds, done every quest, collected all the gear, I have a lot of time to wander the spiral taking pictures.

And so it was I found myself trying to get a picture of my cutest pet basking under a tree against the gorgeous backdrop of the sky in the Savannah in Zafaria. My problem was that you can't stray "off the path" so I couldn't elevate my pet enough to avoid getting a picture of the wall, too, which spoiled
the "unspoiled natural beauty" idea of the photo.

My idea is what if the developers added little "scenic locations," places where we could leave "the path" just a little to get more well-posed images. I know it's a lot of work, but maybe if you started with just one place for "photo opportunities" per world.