Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fleeing and Returning to Dungeon, Realm Changing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Hello,

A friend of mine and I was playing the game this evening, and we encountered a unique problem that seems to be only happening to him. I'll give an example, we were running to Mount Olympus with a group through Team Up. My friend, and another teammate, ending up dying and both fled the battle to restock on HP, and return to the fight. The teammate and friend used the recall button to teleport back into the dungeon, only my friend was in different "instance" of the dungeon you could say. We were fighting a boss, and the friend returned to the boss only to find the boss and mob not touched, while I and the two others were still, in fact, in the boss fight.

I told my friend I was not sure what to do, so I suggested he tried to team up again and go in with another group. He did so, and made further progress in the dungeon. However, he ended up getting in a battle where the team told him to flee to bypass mobs; he did so, and the issue occurred again. However, as I was watching him, I noticed the dungeon quest was still progressing as if his team was there, but there was no sight of them. It is almost as if he changed realms/instances upon returning to the dungeon after recalling the second time.

So, yet again, I told my friend to team up once again to try and hopefully complete the instance, however I made sure to caution him to "not die or flee by any means necessary if able" to hopefully avert this issue until I have a better grasp of what is going on.

I am not sure what else to do or say, as I am not personally having this issue. Do you believe restarting the game could help this factor, or overall a reinstallation? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!