Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth School Rework

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2011
I hope everyone is staying safe during quarantine and going about their lives in the best way possible, I know I am. I recently got back on Wizard101 after about a 2 year long hiatus, like many of us I imagine LOL. I had already progressed a myth to 52 in Celestia and as of now I'm level 77 in Avalon and I'm honestly really enjoying myself, that was until I learned my 76 spell: Dimension Shift. Immediately upon receiving this spell I was dumbfounded at what this spell did, especially after this vague description: "trades all hanging effects with minion" Thereafter, I looked up a youtube video of a myth wizard, in Unicorn Way, summoning a wooden golem, blading the golem, and then using the rest of his pips to transfer those blades to himself. The first thing I did after that was promptly remove Dimension Shift from my active spell deck. I honestly can't remember ever using a minion, ever. The crux of this class is the most faulty aspect of it. Developers give Myth wizards tools to utilize these underpowered, underused (for the right reasons), and sporadic summons for what? I went back and did some research and I feel as if Myth's role in Wizard101 has been blundered by an utterly disgraceful attempt at reprising a unique class.

Let's begin at the root of what it means to be Myth. I went back into the character select and started the process to create a new wizard, I skipped the test and was met with the description of Myth: "Myth wizards are usually Visionary, Serious, Competitive and Knowledgeable. Famous Conjurers include Socrates, Baba Yaga, and Houdini. Myth Wizards often fight alone, summoning Minions to aid them in battle." Being a level 77 Myth Wizard and more than halfway through the game, I thought this couldn't be any further from the truth. These Minions, the element of gameplay that is supposed to give this class its depth and meaning but is so poorly designed, is outlandishly infuriating. Practicality and functionality are essential characteristics of any class in a class based role system. The gimmick of Myth is faulty in both.

Myth minions are probably some of the most non-used spells in the game. The spontaneity of their spells makes them horrible to play with, just imagine you are questing along in World x and you are in a boss fight. The boss has over 5,000 health points and after a couple turns you are set up to hit with a feint, couple blades, and a myth trap. Let's assume that you are following your classes' inconceivable desire and you bravely summoned a minion to "help" you. Your turn comes, you fizzle your hit, and your minion boldy launches a cyclops offensive on the boss with over 5,000 hp, using all your feints / traps, and dealing a whopping 800 damage. I hope that you recognize the problem at hand. This spontaneity is unacceptable and truly disastrous to the meaning of Myth. How is this "supporting" us? How is a minion that we have absolutely zero control over assisting us in battle? Conversely, I went into a battle and summoned a minionion again. The minion proceeded to place a hex on the boss, I thought this was pretty neat and helpful. It was at this point where I realized the locked potential behind Myth. This potential lies in the very definition of what it means to be myth. The ability to control our minions would pay the greatest homage to the definition that you conceived for this class "...Summon minions to support you in battle..." By allowing for a faulty RNG system to run minions, they aren't functionally being supportive, they are being ineffective and thus lowering the ceiling for Myth wizards entirely.

With every decision, comes a consequence. This is a standard to life that we all live by. In Wizard101, this standard is held to the extreme resulting in either life or death. Myth wizards, according to Wizard101central.com, the games player run wiki, have the second lowest base health in the game with fire. This is essential to know because our survivability is already inhibited by a factor we can't control unless we compromise other crucial stats. With this being said, what purpose do we have in mindlessly wasting turns on casting minions, minion buffs, and not to mention the horrid 6 pip cost for our, maybe only, useful minion utility spell Dimension Shift. Furthermore, the costs for SUMMONING a minion is let alone disgusting. To summon Vassanji, it costs another 6 pips for her to be in battle. Moreso, if we choose to rightfully neglect these spells we have to cast attack spells that do some of the lowest damage in the game with life and death. Life and Death both have their own gimmicks in the game, Life can heal at virtually no cost, and Death has health-steal capabilities. These two reasons alone are an acceptable reason for the lower damage output. Myth on the other hand is treated with a gimmick that is entirely useless. The practicality of summoning minions alone hinders our survivability and thus we have to deal with a significant damage falloff for, what we Myth Wizards feel like, no consequence.

Kingsisle, I love your game, truly. I have been playing as long as I can remember and a majority of my childhood surrounded my, truly enjoyable, times on this game. As it stands Myth Isn't viable for anything you attempted at advertising. If you truly love your game, listen to your fanbase, and are accepting of necessary change, then please listen to our plea. Myth would be so much more impactful and utilitarian with the added ability in controlling our minions. Obviously, I'm not a game developer, so I'm not sure how you would put in place such a system but I know that you are all hardworking and more than have the capability in figuring this out.

Thank You, for an unforgettable experience and to many more!
Keep up the great work KI and stay safe!!

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Understand your frustration on uncontrolled Minions.
Minion training school?.
Minion training checkbox(myth example).
(x) do not blade self
(x) myth blade.
(x) myth trap.
(x) do not shield self
(x) elemental shield.
(x) spirit shield.

(x) stun (5% cast rate limited).
(x) do not hit target (if traps on target).
(.) natural

(.) troll
(.) cyclops
(.) ...

This selection loads the minion's deck with the appropriate spells.
The minion still uncontrolled but you know all the actions and spells the minion will use.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
I like the idea of being able to control the minions spells and would be for a rework similar to the one mentioned above. Being able to choose the set spells on the specific minion prior to the battle would be key to bringing back this dead piece of content.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
Being able to control minions was a personal favorite idea of mine throughout the years, but attack/stat wise, I really like how myth is right now, but I believe a while back a moderator said on twitter that they would be giving more pierce to myth gear.

Myth is about getting around those pesky shields. You sacrifice a bit of damage for it, but myth 100% has the best spell animations in the game and feels rewarding and fun to play. I'm perfectly okay with myth's situation right now.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
I agree, Myth school should be the ONLY school to be able to control the cards of the minions. With the Dimension Shift, I think that the Minotaur Minion loves to Tower Shield itself, if it shield spams itself, you can essentially get every single one of those towers on your Myth Wizard. At least that's the impression I get from the spell card