Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't see the preview of items when picking them up anymore

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2020
While harvesting my plants I realized that when I got a snack or a treasury card from the harvest, it didn't show me the card or the snack anymore, it only showed me it's name, and not what level it is, how much intellect or strength it would give my pet or any of that. So now if I want to know what snack it is I would have to go to my inventory to check which is a bummer.

I thought it might only be a glitch for harvesting, so I went to check if it was any different from killing mobs, but it wasn't. It still shows me the stats on equipment I pick up, but not on snacks or treasury cards anymore.

Does anyone else have this?

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I noticed that too. I suspect it’s yet another failed attempt at “improving” the UI (and another one that likely will never be reverted back to the way it was... why KI feels the need to make pointless changes like these — and then issue blanket statements defending their decisions — baffles me)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
benirudi on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:
While harvesting my plants I realized that when I got a snack or a treasury card from the harvest, it didn't show me the card or the snack anymore, it only showed me it's name, and not what level it is, how much intellect or strength it would give my pet or any of that. So now if I want to know what snack it is I would have to go to my inventory to check which is a bummer.

I thought it might only be a glitch for harvesting, so I went to check if it was any different from killing mobs, but it wasn't. It still shows me the stats on equipment I pick up, but not on snacks or treasury cards anymore.

Does anyone else have this?
The new UI has changed everything as we knew it. It is horrible to try and look at something and see tabs or text only with no display.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
When you first receive a pet snack, you cannot preview the image from the UI on the left side of the screen. I believe this was the same issue that the treasure cards were having as well.

Thanks

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Yes the new UI improvement with items was a step in the right and wrong direction.

Go back to the old preview and just add the extended part that shows the stat change if we choose that.

This thing of not seeing the spells an item without left and hitting control click is annoying

and then now I have to click on other tabs to see the spells and other tabs to see the
slots.

What were you people thinking? Don't we click enough?

The window that shows stat changes is great but everything else is just more clicks
and just doesn't do anything but make us click click click to see everything.

Just put everything back and add the stat change window, this new tabbed system and Ctrl Click is
sickening.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Yes, I noticed the same. When hovering over a pet snack that appears on your screen after a fight, you cannot see any information about the pet snack. Only it's name. No level of the snack appears or any other info as it used to be before the update.

This is annoying, as is a lot of things regarding new IU........ in regards to gear especially. If this is proving difficult for us old players, I cannot imagine how it is for very young players. I think with a little brain power you can figure a new easier way to show the gear differences and what-nots. Even World of Warcraft is not this difficult to compare gear. It's much easier on a lot of games. I just don't understand this very convoluted way of doing something that should be so simple to do..... Not saying it will be easier for the Dev Team to do, ...But it should be simpler for the players to do. I do like the general idea, just not how it came out on first try. Good Luck in trying to fix this idea in the game.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Alright, I must say I am glad we posted our complaints.

They have made changes to the way it works now and it is getting better.

I'm impressed they worked it it so fast, nice job King Isle!

Now you can see all we could before and have the option to also see the item changes pop up.