Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Item Count Limit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Even though I have been a member for many years, I just started gardening and have found it to be interesting and fun! I enjoy the different plant names and animations and how they interact with each other either positively or negatively (makes you have to pay attention lol).

I purchased the Red Barn Farm because I read most plants like it but have now, apparently, reached a "250 count" limit on planting outside the house! I was amazed when I went to plant more seeds and found I could not! I haven't even used the plowed sections of brown dirt yet but have planted around on the grass, around a tree, in front and back of the house and in the fenced area.

It has been really fun and entertaining but I honestly do not understand why there is a count limit inside the house and outside the house?! Buying bric-a-brac elixirs (995 Crowns Each) is expensive and even that has a limit of two elixirs (100 more items each) inside and outside the house.

I have so much more land to use outside that I would love to fill without having to spend more crowns! I already spend a lot on gold (more seeds and pots) and especially more on crowns to replenish my energy as it gets used up rather quickly now!

I also have the Ever After House which I read also is preferred by many plants. That house tremendously dwarfs the size of my Red Barn Farm House and I was so looking forward to planting all over the place there...but now, I just don't know.

Why is there an item limit, especially with the houses that are huge and have a lot of ground for planting? Why are we not allowed to plant to our heart's content?

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Huge houses need more than 250 items to decorate it properly.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Especially in a Red Barn Farm, the plant plots should not count against the item limit. I can see the plants themselves counting, but I am hoping KI will change the way items are counted in Red Barn Farms.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2013
I too reached this limit quickly and was very annoyed. It almost seems as though everything you buy is only designed to cause you to buy more stuff. I hope that's not the case, but one buy's a farm expecting that they can plant a whole lot of stuff on it. After all, what is the point of a farm? Then when you get the farm and see all the land it has, you plant two 3-tiered gardens and you are almost out of space! Then you have to purchase 2 bric a brac elixers, but alas you can only buy two of those and so, again, you need to buy another farm. I don't like that.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
alkjajsj on Sep 1, 2020 wrote:
I too reached this limit quickly and was very annoyed. It almost seems as though everything you buy is only designed to cause you to buy more stuff. I hope that's not the case, but one buy's a farm expecting that they can plant a whole lot of stuff on it. After all, what is the point of a farm? Then when you get the farm and see all the land it has, you plant two 3-tiered gardens and you are almost out of space! Then you have to purchase 2 bric a brac elixers, but alas you can only buy two of those and so, again, you need to buy another farm. I don't like that.
Well, on one hand, we're not really supposed to stack the gardens - they just don't ban us for it. So there's not likely to be a lot of sympathy there.

On the other hand it does take some of the shine off when you don't stack the gardens but you just have enough energy to do 3 or 4 large beds (say you want two beds of EMPs and 2 of Fickle Pickles?) Once you get that many plots and seeds and likes - well you HAVE to buy potions then.

Somewhere there's a request to remove the soil plots from the item count. That would help a lot.

If the issue is animations - there was a suggestion to create a toggle switch in the book that turned off garden animation. And they could separate the item count so there's say 150 max allowed of pets and animated objects - (like the Gravulum thing) OR animated plants OR some combination of both (if you only had 12 pets, you could have the remainder in seeds.)

And the rest of the are would have to be furnished with static objects.
So basically there'd be a max animated objects, a max static objects, and an overall max objects of any type or combination.

The question is what constraints are on them when deciding how to adjust the housing limits.

And on the third hand (lol) I see a lot of places people worry about whether or not KI is doing something just to make more money. It's not really fair to hope against that or "call" them on it. It's a business, with responsibilities to employees and the government, and they have charitable connections and community work, idk if they have a board and share holders to answer to as well. After all that, they also need to make a profit and have the flexibility to reinvest in the company and run it. EVERYTHING they do is probably designed to get us to buy more stuff. It's the objective of all for-profit business. The thing they need to know is where they stand with us. Are they asking us to buy more stuff than we're comfortable with? Are people sufficiently frustrated with the system to walk away? Not because they asked for money, but because we didn't feel like what we got was worth the money.