Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sylvia Drake Quest Broken

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
There is also 2 Duncan Grimwaters. But for the Quest, you talk to Duncan and are supposed to go talk to Sylva's friend, but Duncan keeps repeating himself and the question mark above his head still is yellow and doesn't change to gray. He also doesn't mention going to talk to Sylvia's friend.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
emvetter on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
There is also 2 Duncan Grimwaters. But for the Quest, you talk to Duncan and are supposed to go talk to Sylva's friend, but Duncan keeps repeating himself and the question mark above his head still is yellow and doesn't change to gray. He also doesn't mention going to talk to Sylvia's friend.
It’s funny, I reported that in test realm lol.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
I am having the same problem with Duncan Grimwater i can not get the quest from him just keeps on flipping back .Will not let you move on stuck right there.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2017
I'm having this bug too and it's preventing me from completing "In Search of Artur" quest as well. I attempt to talk to Duncan and the camera moves towards Suzie and then the dialogue just cuts. I can't screenshot it since it happens too quick and then it kicks you out of the dialogue. I literally cannot progress in the main story quest because of this.

Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
I hadn't finished the original Penny Dreadful quest, and now that this update came out, I did the pet tower with Penny in it, and now the new Penny came to commons where she is overlapping the other one. Now I have two copies of the quest. But it gets worse.

I've reached the point where she disappears and her spellbook is on the ground. The quest helper told me to interact with the spellbook, and so I did. Then I looked at the other quest (the older one), and it also wants me to interact with the spellbook. Trouble is, it disappeared when I interacted with it for the new quest. I believe it didn't register for both quests because I had not completed the goal to "look for Penny Dreadful" before I interacted with it for the other quest.

I've seen many people on the forums reporting broken quests. Maybe the best course of action is to roll this update back and try to buff out all the dents before re-releasing it.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2020
I was doing the "sew many shrouds" quest given by Gloria Krendell in Olde Town which is supposed to lead to fighting the Great Troll on Colossus Blvd, however his tower (Seravin's Tower) is still locked, and the quest is complete. Is the quest bugged?