Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skipping spell animations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2014
Lets face it, even though the spell animations in W101 are super cool, we reach a point where they are burdensome and battles would be faster if we could skip them. I think it would be nice if there was a little box in the spell selection under the pass/draw/flee buttons that you could check if you wanted to skip the animations (if you were in a battle with multiple people, they would all need to have the boxes marked to skip the spell animations. If one person wanted to watch the animations that would be fine). Especially the higher level spells which tend to have longer animations.
Thank you

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
SilverMoon0113 on Apr 5, 2020 wrote:
Lets face it, even though the spell animations in W101 are super cool, we reach a point where they are burdensome and battles would be faster if we could skip them. I think it would be nice if there was a little box in the spell selection under the pass/draw/flee buttons that you could check if you wanted to skip the animations (if you were in a battle with multiple people, they would all need to have the boxes marked to skip the spell animations. If one person wanted to watch the animations that would be fine). Especially the higher level spells which tend to have longer animations.
Thank you
While I can see your point in wanting to skip the spell animations, I have to disagree with your idea, sorry. I'm very anti-bullying and adding an option to either speed up or skip spell animations only gives rise to toxic behavior and in game bullying. For example, Fast Combat exists in Pirate101 and I can't tell you how hard people bully me in game to put my Fast Combat on when I clearly enjoy having it off to watch the spell animations out. I hope Kingsisle does NOT add Fast Combat in Wizard101 or else people that enjoy the slower combat and enjoy watching the spell animations will feel pressured to turn on Fast Combat so their peers quit bullying them and forcing them to speed up the animations whey they themselves don't want to. Peer Pressure and In Game Bullying are very serious offenses and I hope Kingsisle doesn't add in Fast Combat to lessen in game bullying.

Sincerely,

Blaze DreamBlade
Blaze StormSword
Blaze StarBlade
Blaze MoonCloud
Blaze CrowWraith