Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it possible to tank as a non-ice type?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2017
I’ve heard a lot of people refer to ice-types as such and I kind of tried to adopt that play style but I’m not sure if my school limits me a lot. My main school is life but I’d rather have it as my second school, which is ice. anyway, is it possible to tank as a life wizard or any other non-ice types effectively?
Thanks in advance.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I am a Wizard. It depends on the type of gear you put on your wizard. I tank a lot of the time wearing all jade, and assisting the fight with blades and heals, buy having a Life amulet. I make a pet to assist as well. I have seen some ice players being a pretty hard hitter.

Like I said depends on your gear. High resist = Tank
High Damage = Hitter

JMHO. some may disagree.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Survivor
Apr 15, 2017
FrootJooce on Mar 30, 2020 wrote:
I’ve heard a lot of people refer to ice-types as such and I kind of tried to adopt that play style but I’m not sure if my school limits me a lot. My main school is life but I’d rather have it as my second school, which is ice. anyway, is it possible to tank as a life wizard or any other non-ice types effectively?
Thanks in advance.
I'm a massive life main. Its easy to tank as a life with all the all school gear offered to us. Its recommended if you want to attempt at tanking, you need either a jade robe or spooky carnival robe or farm the respective duels for each of the pieces of the all school pieces. You get the helm from Zeus exalted, boots from rattle, and the robe from krokopatra. As for your wand you either want silver order of the spiral or the life shadow forged wand from khrysalis or the sword of kings. Your athame will be the dark ladys dagger or cosmic kris and your ring the stone of the other side. Your pet is either going to be a ward pet with 3 specific schools of your choosing such as schools you are weak against in pvp or pve, in example balance death and fire or storm fire and ice etc, or its going to be a varied healing pet with outgoing healing or specific maycast talents for pvp such as an all maycast heal pet or one that has maycast enfeeble and heals and fortify. Your square sockets are flat resist jewels or incoming healing while your circles are outgoing or critical rating. Outgoing jewels can be obtained from secret tunnel, although rarely.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011