Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does Storm do in PvP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2020
I'm returning to the game after a long time and I've been seeing a lot of Storm wizards around. This made me wonder how Storm does in PvP as I want to eventually get into it. Is Storm a good school for PvP?

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
It's bottom of the barrel. Shielding is very good against storm wizards due to their lack of an overtime, and their survivability otherwise is pretty bad - ice wizards can get up to nearly 2x the health of a storm. Storm definitely has a few spells that can be considered "broken", but nobody hates Storm wizards for having to rely on them due to how easily they can be countered.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
JewelKI on Mar 25, 2020 wrote:
It's bottom of the barrel. Shielding is very good against storm wizards due to their lack of an overtime, and their survivability otherwise is pretty bad - ice wizards can get up to nearly 2x the health of a storm. Storm definitely has a few spells that can be considered "broken", but nobody hates Storm wizards for having to rely on them due to how easily they can be countered.
in order to win as a storm you have to have a good strategy i seen some people with some and it's mainly being a tank and shield spamming then going into shrike and spamming hits with high pierce and infall, i've seen this strategy used with storm phoenix (the muttated phoenix) it leaves 3 30% traps universal which is super helpful