Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updated graphics cause some cutscenes to work improperly.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
I'm prepared for this comment to be overlooked and cast aside, but hey, it's worth a try.

I know the devs are hard at work with other projects, but three cut scenes/locations are bugged and are not working the way they were initially intended.

• Merle Ambrose in Gamma's tower - During the quest "Signs and Portents" Merle's attack animation detached when his NPC was updated. Merle used to attack Morganthe physically - this is no longer the case.
  • Merle in the Chamber of the Mind - (There is a lot wrong with this one.) While in Khrysalis, in the zone of Radiance Reborn, there is a quest called "A Dream of Wizard City." Originally, (with the old NPC graphics), we can see Merle yelling at both Malistaire and Morganthe, but he looked younger here since this quest's setting is portrayed many years ago. We also saw him physically take Morganthe's wand and spell deck away from her (well, not anymore). With Merle's new graphic update, Morganthe is now invisible during this cutscene and no longer appears. This also causes the removal of the deck and wand not to be seen either. Merle also looks like he does in the present day, and his beard doesn't have any darkness to it. If you are going to update old graphics and animation, I think it needs to look better than the former (in which this case it does not!) Also, Merle was given an angry animation emote, so why is he using his standard one here? Even the voice actor for Merle is yelling, so his characteristics do not correspond with his voice. At this point, I would say go back to old Merle graphics for this particular circumstance, especially if it's this difficult to keep it the same. I suggest when fixing this, you compare it to how it is now, to how it used to be. Also, the dialogue is all mixed up now too!
  • Wizard City telegraph box - With the newly updated fire tower, Professor Memphis's portrait on the back wall did not get updated. So, while standing with young Dalia Falmea, her adult portrait is sitting there instead.

While I hope these can get looked into, I understand you have other priorities. These cutscenes, however, are probably the most important ones in the game, and to steal the impact the OLD animations had, causes some of the significance of the story to be removed.

The story is just as essential as questing, PVP, fishing, and gardening. I know you might think "who cares about something this small." If you say this, then you don't realize what impact these animations and visuals give to these crucial cutscenes! Especially for new players! So, please, I'm begging you, KI, don't leave these issues on the back burner.

Administrator
Blaze03554 on Mar 13, 2020 wrote:
I'm prepared for this comment to be overlooked and cast aside, but hey, it's worth a try.

I know the devs are hard at work with other projects, but three cut scenes/locations are bugged and are not working the way they were initially intended.

• Merle Ambrose in Gamma's tower - During the quest "Signs and Portents" Merle's attack animation detached when his NPC was updated. Merle used to attack Morganthe physically - this is no longer the case.
  • Merle in the Chamber of the Mind - (There is a lot wrong with this one.) While in Khrysalis, in the zone of Radiance Reborn, there is a quest called "A Dream of Wizard City." Originally, (with the old NPC graphics), we can see Merle yelling at both Malistaire and Morganthe, but he looked younger here since this quest's setting is portrayed many years ago. We also saw him physically take Morganthe's wand and spell deck away from her (well, not anymore). With Merle's new graphic update, Morganthe is now invisible during this cutscene and no longer appears. This also causes the removal of the deck and wand not to be seen either. Merle also looks like he does in the present day, and his beard doesn't have any darkness to it. If you are going to update old graphics and animation, I think it needs to look better than the former (in which this case it does not!) Also, Merle was given an angry animation emote, so why is he using his standard one here? Even the voice actor for Merle is yelling, so his characteristics do not correspond with his voice. At this point, I would say go back to old Merle graphics for this particular circumstance, especially if it's this difficult to keep it the same. I suggest when fixing this, you compare it to how it is now, to how it used to be. Also, the dialogue is all mixed up now too!
  • Wizard City telegraph box - With the newly updated fire tower, Professor Memphis's portrait on the back wall did not get updated. So, while standing with young Dalia Falmea, her adult portrait is sitting there instead.

While I hope these can get looked into, I understand you have other priorities. These cutscenes, however, are probably the most important ones in the game, and to steal the impact the OLD animations had, causes some of the significance of the story to be removed.

The story is just as essential as questing, PVP, fishing, and gardening. I know you might think "who cares about something this small." If you say this, then you don't realize what impact these animations and visuals give to these crucial cutscenes! Especially for new players! So, please, I'm begging you, KI, don't leave these issues on the back burner.

Hey Blaze! These are actually all great points that you've noticed. I'm sending this list to our QA team to further investigate.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Sparck on Mar 17, 2020 wrote:
Hey Blaze! These are actually all great points that you've noticed. I'm sending this list to our QA team to further investigate.
Thanks for seeing the merit of these issues, Sparck.