Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about the Spiral (and game as a whole)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
A while back a friend of mine (Logan Nightblade) submitted a blog about the cosmology of Wizard101 which got shared at the October 2019 newsletter. Recently he's been given criticism because he's trying to suggest that the Spiral contains an infinite number of timelines (something which he alluded to in his blog) but they don't believe that having his blog shared on the website means that the developers agree with him. Part of this was due to him using the phrase "Multiversal+". Multiversal+ is a term used by certain communities to describe a multiverse with infinite universes (or timelines) within it. The criticism was that the developers wouldn't understand what Multiversal+ meant and that invalidated his claims. I was wondering if the Curator or somebody else might be willing to shed some light on the subject and confirm if he was right or not about his assessment.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
BenStormDust on Mar 12, 2020 wrote:
A while back a friend of mine (Logan Nightblade) submitted a blog about the cosmology of Wizard101 which got shared at the October 2019 newsletter. Recently he's been given criticism because he's trying to suggest that the Spiral contains an infinite number of timelines (something which he alluded to in his blog) but they don't believe that having his blog shared on the website means that the developers agree with him. Part of this was due to him using the phrase "Multiversal+". Multiversal+ is a term used by certain communities to describe a multiverse with infinite universes (or timelines) within it. The criticism was that the developers wouldn't understand what Multiversal+ meant and that invalidated his claims. I was wondering if the Curator or somebody else might be willing to shed some light on the subject and confirm if he was right or not about his assessment.
That would be telling...

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
BenStormDust on Mar 12, 2020 wrote:
Oh exp613, you know me so well!

Ultimately, the question comes down to whether or not the description of the sands of time as "limitless" was literal or metaphorical. Technically, every beach has a finite number of grains of sand on it, but you really wouldn't want to count them!

In true Curator style I'm going to say that either interpretation of the "limitless" bit is logical and plausible, but I'm not going to throw my weight behind one of the other.

There might be an upcoming release that could offer some interesting perspective on this question...

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
The Curator on Apr 7, 2020 wrote:
Oh exp613, you know me so well!

Ultimately, the question comes down to whether or not the description of the sands of time as "limitless" was literal or metaphorical. Technically, every beach has a finite number of grains of sand on it, but you really wouldn't want to count them!

In true Curator style I'm going to say that either interpretation of the "limitless" bit is logical and plausible, but I'm not going to throw my weight behind one of the other.

There might be an upcoming release that could offer some interesting perspective on this question...
And that release would be (redacted).

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I wonder then why the Professor has a preferred timeline in the Five B.O.X.E.S. event. If all timelines exist whose to say which is correct.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Bucisfav on Apr 11, 2020 wrote:
I wonder then why the Professor has a preferred timeline in the Five B.O.X.E.S. event. If all timelines exist whose to say which is correct.
Well, according to The Professor's brother, The Doctor, time isn't linear, but a ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff