Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any update on pvp changes?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Is there any updates on the plan for said changes? And will there be any direct nerfs to ? and buffs to ? We don't want to wait till the end of the year for simple fixes that should of been implemented since the dark-moor era. Pvp cost money and i think its fair to say we all deserve a fair match, but with how things are at max level pvp, i think its been cleared that these changes are necessary to move forward into a new age.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
angellifeheart on Mar 9, 2020 wrote:
Is there any updates on the plan for said changes? And will there be any direct nerfs to ? and buffs to ? We don't want to wait till the end of the year for simple fixes that should of been implemented since the dark-moor era. Pvp cost money and i think its fair to say we all deserve a fair match, but with how things are at max level pvp, i think its been cleared that these changes are necessary to move forward into a new age.
What spells for balance needs to be nerfed?

If you want loremaster more nerfed it not going to happen it already balance in rank pvp burning rampage doesn't need to be nerfed anymore either because of the overtime has to wait a extra turn.

I don't see anything wrong with ice wizard at all.

Maybe because when I do it i lose to much to Warlords and commander so ice doesn't need to be nerfed and I try it on a max wizard on a different account Samantha Max.

P:S:
be family friendly in rank pvp

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudoll on Mar 10, 2020 wrote:

If you want loremaster more nerfed it not going to happen it already balance in rank pvp burning rampage doesn't need to be nerfed anymore either because of the overtime has to wait a extra turn.

Maybe because when I do it i lose to much to Warlords and commander so ice doesn't need to be nerfed and I try it on a max wizard on a different account Samantha Max.

The lore master nerf is justified and fair. The other nerfs to balance that would actually balance the school are:
mana burn pip effect removal and super nova pip increase to 4.

As for ice, damage nerfs is necessary across the board. An ice shouldn't be able to have tanky stats and get free storm damage boost from spells like bale-frost. Abominable weaver for a single target spell has the same damage as a Glow Bug Squall despite it being an aoe, the numbers don't lie. 1450 enchanted ice spell that gives a -75% fat shield vs a 1420 aoe, blade wrecking situational spell speaks for it self. So for a school that should have the lowest damage of ALL schools this in itself started a controversy. Abominable weaver damage should be cut back to 850 as well as lord of winter. Since ice are mainly tanks i wont discourage them from have a strong shield effect, but that's only because of the resist changes coming.

As far as snow heal and steal ward goes both of this spells pip cost should be increased to 3. An ice should rely on their own defensive spells and stats, and not trying to strip the opponents of using their own defensive capabilities. Also steal wards enable ice that have already set up into doing mass damage because of this, i think this spell is on the wrong school imo. The fact that ice got away with this while having access to high damage caliber spells is totally
unbalance. An ice is the least school anyone should expect to build a ward pet for but that's just not the case atm.

The only adjustments to fire needed is the damage reduction on FFA, because quite frankly an enchanted FFA does more damage than an unenchanted rusalkas wrath and puts 3 free traps on the opponent. Meanwhile, rasulka is place on rng for either a +30% blade or -30% weakness. Fire got away with having a lot of perks better than storm, but the fact that they have relatively close damage, better resist and 1000 more health makes me wonder. Then they have access to dot and better combo set ups etc.

For a school that should mainly focus on overtime, that do slow high damage this doesn't seem to be the case either. And lets not even forget the most broken offensive defensive spell in the meta that should have never been place on an offensive school to begin with and that's Efreet. The fact that fire gets to have a get out of jail free juju on a damage spell meanwhile death suffers -25% of their health says alot. Burning rampage needs to be adjusted to a per round spell damage type like fire elf and not this 3 round tick and then full damage after. Sticking to the traditional style dot is the best suggestion for all school in the terms of balance.

Hope this clears up your understanding

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Mikudoll on Mar 10, 2020 wrote:

For Balance:

Supernova just needs a hotfix to be made 4 pips. At the moment maycast infal pets are popular with a lot of 10k-ers running around, so whenever a balance sees it get cast they can just pop it for 1-1.5k free damage depending on resist without losing tempo of the match.

Mana Burn also needs a hotfix to actually remove 3 pips, not up to 6. As it stands, it's very easy for a balance to just burn on the first turn which causes a severe loss of tempo for the opponent.

To balance [HAH] all this, I believe Piglets should be way more accessible. 25 amber for a really good replacement for Lore? Not a fan. If the cost got dropped to 12 amber I think that'd be reasonable for the two above nerfs.

As for Ice, the weaver shield should be nerfed to 50. 75 is too much, however, I don't think it's as broken as anyone says by any means. Pierce at around the level you get Weaver skyrockets into the thirties and forties, and Shrike also exists at that point. It's currently a get out of jail free card, yes, but it shouldn't get nerfed into the ground due to pierce jewels shredding it.

With Fire, Efreet is an obvious one. The rest is really just the power creep getting bigger and bigger and there's not a lot we can do about it without nerfing gear, which PvE players will not like. Saw someone earlier who could get 201 fire damage and 132 death damage with the new pack being out. The best option now is just to increase health a ton for really every school except Ice, but still don't give them too much resist since that's Ice's specialty.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
angellifeheart on Mar 10, 2020 wrote:
The lore master nerf is justified and fair. The other nerfs to balance that would actually balance the school are:
mana burn pip effect removal and super nova pip increase to 4.

As for ice, damage nerfs is necessary across the board. An ice shouldn't be able to have tanky stats and get free storm damage boost from spells like bale-frost. Abominable weaver for a single target spell has the same damage as a Glow Bug Squall despite it being an aoe, the numbers don't lie. 1450 enchanted ice spell that gives a -75% fat shield vs a 1420 aoe, blade wrecking situational spell speaks for it self. So for a school that should have the lowest damage of ALL schools this in itself started a controversy. Abominable weaver damage should be cut back to 850 as well as lord of winter. Since ice are mainly tanks i wont discourage them from have a strong shield effect, but that's only because of the resist changes coming.

As far as snow heal and steal ward goes both of this spells pip cost should be increased to 3. An ice should rely on their own defensive spells and stats, and not trying to strip the opponents of using their own defensive capabilities. Also steal wards enable ice that have already set up into doing mass damage because of this, i think this spell is on the wrong school imo. The fact that ice got away with this while having access to high damage caliber spells is totally
unbalance. An ice is the least school anyone should expect to build a ward pet for but that's just not the case atm.

The only adjustments to fire needed is the damage reduction on FFA, because quite frankly an enchanted FFA does more damage than an unenchanted rusalkas wrath and puts 3 free traps on the opponent. Meanwhile, rasulka is place on rng for either a +30% blade or -30% weakness. Fire got away with having a lot of perks better than storm, but the fact that they have relatively close damage, better resist and 1000 more health makes me wonder. Then they have access to dot and better combo set ups etc.

For a school that should mainly focus on overtime, that do slow high damage this doesn't seem to be the case either. And lets not even forget the most broken offensive defensive spell in the meta that should have never been place on an offensive school to begin with and that's Efreet. The fact that fire gets to have a get out of jail free juju on a damage spell meanwhile death suffers -25% of their health says alot. Burning rampage needs to be adjusted to a per round spell damage type like fire elf and not this 3 round tick and then full damage after. Sticking to the traditional style dot is the best suggestion for all school in the terms of balance.

Hope this clears up your understanding
Hi Angel LifeHeart

I agree with you about mana burn needs a nerf I don't know about super nova through but if a power pip of that spell is to strong for you will it balance if it was 3 pips and reduce 100 damage from the spell?

Just think about it I don't really use it that much on balance at all so to be honest I only have maybe 2 of them in deck mostly as a balance I didn't like using mana burn because it wasn't fair for the others players.

can you help my balance get loremaster later from loremaster?

I'm a family friendly player and i hated mana burn for awhile.

I'm glad you want it nerfed now.

Heather lvl 35 got muted unfairly

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
JewelKI on Mar 11, 2020 wrote:
For Balance:

Supernova just needs a hotfix to be made 4 pips. At the moment maycast infal pets are popular with a lot of 10k-ers running around, so whenever a balance sees it get cast they can just pop it for 1-1.5k free damage depending on resist without losing tempo of the match.

Mana Burn also needs a hotfix to actually remove 3 pips, not up to 6. As it stands, it's very easy for a balance to just burn on the first turn which causes a severe loss of tempo for the opponent.

To balance [HAH] all this, I believe Piglets should be way more accessible. 25 amber for a really good replacement for Lore? Not a fan. If the cost got dropped to 12 amber I think that'd be reasonable for the two above nerfs.

As for Ice, the weaver shield should be nerfed to 50. 75 is too much, however, I don't think it's as broken as anyone says by any means. Pierce at around the level you get Weaver skyrockets into the thirties and forties, and Shrike also exists at that point. It's currently a get out of jail free card, yes, but it shouldn't get nerfed into the ground due to pierce jewels shredding it.

With Fire, Efreet is an obvious one. The rest is really just the power creep getting bigger and bigger and there's not a lot we can do about it without nerfing gear, which PvE players will not like. Saw someone earlier who could get 201 fire damage and 132 death damage with the new pack being out. The best option now is just to increase health a ton for really every school except Ice, but still don't give them too much resist since that's Ice's specialty.
Personally, I am fine with all schools the way they are.

You wrote: "At the moment maycast infal pets are popular." That is fine unless you are facing a Balance wizard. That's why I would never have a pet that may cast any aura and that is why I do not cast aura spells when I face a Balance wizard.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudoll on Mar 11, 2020 wrote:
Hi Angel LifeHeart

I agree with you about mana burn needs a nerf I don't know about super nova through but if a power pip of that spell is to strong for you will it balance if it was 3 pips and reduce 100 damage from the spell?

Just think about it I don't really use it that much on balance at all so to be honest I only have maybe 2 of them in deck mostly as a balance I didn't like using mana burn because it wasn't fair for the others players.

can you help my balance get loremaster later from loremaster?

I'm a family friendly player and i hated mana burn for awhile.

I'm glad you want it nerfed now.

Heather lvl 35 got muted unfairly
Hello Mikudoll i was referring to super nova nerf for Its damage per pip ratio+utility. Although situational super nova does 585 base or 895 base damage for 2 pip. That's basically a free wild bolt on a balance. Its pip cost should increase to 4 to balance out the damage ratio and prevent spam on a school that can also use aura themselves.

No disrespect but am taking a break from wiz because of its shift from boss drop gears to insane hours of grinding and crafting. I believe the aspect of crafting should be a side activity and not a way to force paid members to waste hours grinding for gears to keep up with the meta.

Also am beginning to see an unhealthy movement in the abundant pay wall crisis that's leaking into the pvp realm and that's just not for me. Good luck and have fun hope you get the spell i crafted mines. Remember my post on this forum are only my opinions base on statistical, personal data and experiences with using and facing all 7 schools. Just because i say what should be nerf on buff doesn't mean that everyone is going to agree with it or that it would go through. Just having the opportunity to voice my concerns is enough for me whether its heard or unheard of at least some people can see that for themselves.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
angellifeheart on Mar 12, 2020 wrote:
Hello Mikudoll i was referring to super nova nerf for Its damage per pip ratio+utility. Although situational super nova does 585 base or 895 base damage for 2 pip. That's basically a free wild bolt on a balance. Its pip cost should increase to 4 to balance out the damage ratio and prevent spam on a school that can also use aura themselves.

No disrespect but am taking a break from wiz because of its shift from boss drop gears to insane hours of grinding and crafting. I believe the aspect of crafting should be a side activity and not a way to force paid members to waste hours grinding for gears to keep up with the meta.

Also am beginning to see an unhealthy movement in the abundant pay wall crisis that's leaking into the pvp realm and that's just not for me. Good luck and have fun hope you get the spell i crafted mines. Remember my post on this forum are only my opinions base on statistical, personal data and experiences with using and facing all 7 schools. Just because i say what should be nerf on buff doesn't mean that everyone is going to agree with it or that it would go through. Just having the opportunity to voice my concerns is enough for me whether its heard or unheard of at least some people can see that for themselves.
Hi about we do a comprise 3 pips and minus the damage to 200 on Super nova that way it more fair.

And as I said before I barely put those in my decks at all the tc I'm collecting those because they are really rare to get for me.

So I won't be using them at all.

I will only put 3 or 4 super noval in my deck and to comprise 200 damages from that spell and have it gain another pip to me I think it a fair comprise.

3 pips and and minus the damage to 200.

I love balance wizard but I don't care about mana burn or super nova that much to be honest.

I think mana burn should be 6 pips or 7 pips to be honest with you.

That will make it not spammable at all if it 6 or 7 pips to be honest i hope it 7 pips I hate mana burn

Heather lvl 36 family friendly got muted falsely.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2014
I am a level 11 wizard that pvps and today I waited to get a match for 2-3 minutes and got queued against a knight that was the same level as me, I want to know why that happened my score was 11-7.The ranking system Has to be changed it is just not working right.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
simple solution, don't use an aura and you won't get super nova'd it's that simple, auras are free, to destroy it costs 2 pips that's enough. look at its accuracy dude you serious? and mana burn? really? if someone mana burns you you can easily use the spell on the same turn and it'll go through. if someone mana burn spams you you have the advantage. at max you only need 5-6 pips of your own school to do damage cough cough shadow spell hits cough cough. mana burn is perfectly balanced and it can't even be enchanted.