Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What P101 has that W101 needs

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
There are several assets of P101 that would enhance game play here:

1. A "nonphysical" bank. In P101 there is no Bank stuck in one corner of a castle or dorm room. Pirates can access their bank from any room in their house, we have a tab and just click on that; no more running up or down stairs when we want something. ( Or gets in the way of decorating. )

2. No energy punishment for trading pets through the shared bank. Seriously, why is this even a thing? We pirates can freely trade pets without loss of energy. I would think most wizards would want this.

3. Team-up loss punishment. I have seen several posts where a player in a team up is defeated just before the boss is defeated by another team member. This causes the defeated player to lose rewards, experience and quest credit. This doesn't happen in P101. If you're defeated and a team mate defeats the last enemy, you're not ported out of the dungeon, you're revived ( 1 health ): best of all, everyone wins!

If other wizards who also play P101 could suggest other improvements, go ahead.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 24, 2020 wrote:

1. A "nonphysical" bank. In P101 there is no Bank stuck in one corner of a castle or dorm room. Pirates can access their bank from any room in their house, we have a tab and just click on that; no more running up or down stairs when we want something. ( Or gets in the way of decorating. )

2. No energy punishment for trading pets through the shared bank. Seriously, why is this even a thing? We pirates can freely trade pets without loss of energy. I would think most wizards would want this.

3. Team-up loss punishment. I have seen several posts where a player in a team up is defeated just before the boss is defeated by another team member. This causes the defeated player to lose rewards, experience and quest credit. This doesn't happen in P101. If you're defeated and a team mate defeats the last enemy, you're not ported out of the dungeon, you're revived ( 1 health ): best of all, everyone wins!

This seems to have been displaced by other posts, I'm bumping to see if it will get read.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015

As a fellow P101 player, I have one recommendation.

Item lock. In Pirate101 there is system that allows you to 'lock' items, making it so that they cannot be sold, trashed, discarded, or otherwise removed from your inventory. The only way they can leave it is if they are moved to your bank or unlocked again. This system could come in really handy here, meaning you don't have to worry about those valuable items you want to keep.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:

Item lock. In Pirate101 there is system that allows you to 'lock' items, making it so that they cannot be sold, trashed, discarded, or otherwise removed from your inventory. The only way they can leave it is if they are moved to your bank or unlocked again. This system could come in really handy here, meaning you don't have to worry about those valuable items you want to keep.
I believe that W101 already has this?

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Lookit Light on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:

We do have an Item Lock System in Wizards 101. I have been using it since I began playing 7 years ago. Not sure why you think Wiz101 does not have that system. I lock just about everything that is in my backpack.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Is there a topic of this nature over on the P101 Forums that has a similar concept?

Because I can think of a majority of things that Wiz has that Pirates actually needs such as Side Activities (Gardening, Crafting etc.), more packs, etc.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012

And I again, apologize if I seem rude. I know you're super active on P101 as well, so I just wanted to let you know that your wizard friends are behind you!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
hopefulz33 on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:
We do have an Item Lock System in Wizards 101. I have been using it since I began playing 7 years ago. Not sure why you think Wiz101 does not have that system. I lock just about everything that is in my backpack.

Scarlet ShadowStone
Really? How have I possibly missed/forgotten about it?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Edward on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:
Is there a topic of this nature over on the P101 Forums that has a similar concept?

Because I can think of a majority of things that Wiz has that Pirates actually needs such as Side Activities (Gardening, Crafting etc.), more packs, etc.

We're at the point of begging KI to give us anything besides farming dungeons; There are years worth of posts asking for Crafting, Fishing & Gardening. We just got a new pack for our birthday this year: W101 got it too; The Pirate Nightmare Pack. We haven't had a bundle in 5 years!
It's making many pirates very disgruntled about W101 ( trust me, you don't want a horde of angry pirates invading Ravenwood! )

Explorer
May 07, 2010
hopefulz33 on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:

Scarlet ShadowStone
backpack item lock in wizard101 is a gameplay setting that starts out toggled off by default when you make a new character, whereas in pirate101 im pretty sure item lock is a built-in feature & thus always on. so i think that is why some in w101 may not realize item lock is a feature. it really should be on by default though imo!
for those who dont have item lock in wiz, its in settings under gameplay options 2 make sure to turn it on for every character too

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
megalithia on Feb 28, 2020 wrote:
backpack item lock in wizard101 is a gameplay setting that starts out toggled off by default when you make a new character, whereas in pirate101 im pretty sure item lock is a built-in feature & thus always on. so i think that is why some in w101 may not realize item lock is a feature. it really should be on by default though imo!
for those who dont have item lock in wiz, its in settings under gameplay options 2 make sure to turn it on for every character too
It doesn't have a toggle, it's displayed at the bottom page in our inventory. It's very plain and simple to use. Thank you for giving direction to find and use, that's very helpful!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Lookit Light on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
Really? How have I possibly missed/forgotten about it?
you have to go to the second gameplay options menu in settings

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Another option that P101 has that w101 desperately needs is the ability to dye pack gear! I have a lot of trouble with gear that is mismatched in color or simply clashes, making a hideous outfit. Some pack gear is very attractive and I would love to wear it, but the only way I can get a set look is to stitch to something else.
Why can't we dye pack gear?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
We're at the point of begging KI to give us anything besides farming dungeons; There are years worth of posts asking for Crafting, Fishing & Gardening. We just got a new pack for our birthday this year: W101 got it too; The Pirate Nightmare Pack. We haven't had a bundle in 5 years!
It's making many pirates very disgruntled about W101 ( trust me, you don't want a horde of angry pirates invading Ravenwood! )
Actually that would be ideal if we could take the stage in that aspect but make it like "Dynamics" from FFXI where you could actually have raids on both sides of the spiral both as a pirate and as a wizard. I would love to see a way for KI to incorporate higher level content for us that specifically deals with the concept of "raids" and being able to have more than 4 people in a dungeon for a unique twist... Make the Strategy board layout and we are moving around using our same spells but make it look like a mirror of pirate dynamics without the sword play just us casting certain spells and the animations would only change slightly based on view. I would love to see some aspect of a change to the battle circle temporarily that or expand it from a circle to a square or something