Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you guys please extend the winter scroll of fortune????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
I'm hoping you guys understand I like to see the Winter scroll event to be extended a week, due to the fact how unfair the Death deckathalon event is only giving me around 26 to 32 points a day ( even with the double point membership ) compare to the spiral showcase is giving 100 points a day. Or, can you guys least extend the double membership scroll of winter points to the end of the winter scroll of fortune event?

*** And please, for future references, make sure the deckathalon is able to give out 100 points a day in the future events and be able to do countless runs or least minimum 25 cap run! :( ***

I was going to be able to make it at end of the 9th tier, if there was going to be, continued to be a " spiral showcase; but unfortunately there was - ended up being low point death deckathalon event. So now, im going to be short on points. So by time event totally ends, i still need around 410 points - roughly.

I feel jaded and mix feelings, knowing i spent 7000 crowns, and im going to be short on points just cuz of one event gives less points then the other.

Will you guys consider my feedback, and look into this and see if you will consider extending the event for another week? Or maybe, at least, even extend the " double point membership thing ", to the end of the winter scroll of fortune event?

I just would like to see people, like myself and others, have a legit chance to finishing the event! Thanks!

With little hope of chance or chance,
- Cowan Shadowhunter lvl 52 Ice.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
i don't know how they could extend it - it's seasonal so the spring one has to start when it's set to start - there are 4 per year, 3 months per scroll. there will be overlap tomorrow though - you'll be able to do deckathalon in the morning early or late tonight, and then tomorrow mid morning central time it will turn back to the spiral showcase, so you can do your task after showcase starts and fish and train and all each day, maybe you can get to the end after all. i hope so.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
lilacwine on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:
i don't know how they could extend it - it's seasonal so the spring one has to start when it's set to start - there are 4 per year, 3 months per scroll. there will be overlap tomorrow though - you'll be able to do deckathalon in the morning early or late tonight, and then tomorrow mid morning central time it will turn back to the spiral showcase, so you can do your task after showcase starts and fish and train and all each day, maybe you can get to the end after all. i hope so.
Unfortunately, I am going to be short, ive already did the math multiple times! I dont normally come on forums, So if im on here, says alot lol But as i did the math, i have 2432, i have 4 days left ... 4 x 100 = 400 + 2432 = 2832 points.

So i will be short, and only get 2832 out of 3150

It's why im begging for spark and them to please least extend the membership, cuz they double the points, i only need 318. Thats it, all i need.

Spark, guys out there, can you guys please consider extending the double point scroll event membership thing to the end of the winter scroll event?

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
I know thats a bit late because the deckathalon is finished but in fact you can win quite easily 104 point per day.
Since the endurance mode begin you can do more than one stage per run.
I personally used the death decathalon deck 4 and i farmed the stages 1 to 4 with :
2 tempest, 2 storm lord, 2 storm blades for the 2v1 fights
2 rank 2, 2 nature wrath, 5 seraphim, 5 life blades for the other fight
2 50+300 hp 1 remove dot and the rest with death shields
(I forget the names of few of these spells and for a deck 5 add a nature wrath and 3 shields

This deck is for stage 1 to 4 but except with some luck you often be out of card at the boss fight or death at the stage 4 2v1
So you can get 4+8+12+(4-16)= 28-40 points per run/104-140 points per days (208-280 for the double points event)

Of course that dont bring the glory of beating the 10th stage but for finishing the scroll that's perfect.
I was at 1939 point last week now im at 3114 so dont lose hope.

Kane GoldenFlame,New Storm titan

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
Stormwind 8108 on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:
I know thats a bit late because the deckathalon is finished but in fact you can win quite easily 104 point per day.
Since the endurance mode begin you can do more than one stage per run.
I personally used the death decathalon deck 4 and i farmed the stages 1 to 4 with :
2 tempest, 2 storm lord, 2 storm blades for the 2v1 fights
2 rank 2, 2 nature wrath, 5 seraphim, 5 life blades for the other fight
2 50+300 hp 1 remove dot and the rest with death shields
(I forget the names of few of these spells and for a deck 5 add a nature wrath and 3 shields

This deck is for stage 1 to 4 but except with some luck you often be out of card at the boss fight or death at the stage 4 2v1
So you can get 4+8+12+(4-16)= 28-40 points per run/104-140 points per days (208-280 for the double points event)

Of course that dont bring the glory of beating the 10th stage but for finishing the scroll that's perfect.
I was at 1939 point last week now im at 3114 so dont lose hope.

Kane GoldenFlame,New Storm titan
I have sooooooo much hard feelings against deckathalon event - first time i ever done it. Low levels dont have any chance compared to high level wizards that have a bigger deck!

Unfortunately, my lvl 53 ice, was not able to finish past lvl 4. I had to small of a side deck and poison spells from enemy is to rough and difficult to beat! That spell with a blade is like 223 damage per tick = 669. You have two enemys doing that? Guess what, game over! i can out do 1300 damage when i only have 500 health.

This deck event was such a headache and was not fun, and gave average of 26-32 points for me compared to 100 points that the spiral case gave. If they just gave a spiral case during the deck event, then i would of been fine. But end of the day, my numbers dont lie! :( I'm not going to make it due to the lesser point output the deckathalon event didnt give out compared to the other events. And sad thing, probably wouldnt have an issue, if they didnt change the platform and make it where we could multiply do many of the levels as we want, as long we bought our credits with gold. If it was that old way, i probably wouldnt be in the mess> But it is what it is, and nothing i can do or change how things are, unless spark and them decide to extend the winter event or least extend and put the double event points membership thing back p!

Some friends of mine mentioned to me, that " I should of started early on the winter scroll event ". Me: Um, I did, i started around the winter deck event " ( Feb 4th? )

I honestly, think they need to make two different versions of this - make one version where you can do it with friends and others; like ya can with the beastmoon event. Make it where every battle you win, you gain 200 health, 2% Universe resist. and 2% universe damage. And, also chance it back to where ya can buy your credits with gold and do it many times ya want! And lets us use any stats on our pets, and i think they need to give use like a 25% pip base. Least give us a chance to do big spells!

But i really do think, if the deckathalon event had a Muti-player version to be able to do with friends and others, people would love the event more and get further into the game.

But im glad you got to finish Kane, unfortunately i just wont have same luck!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
Cowdy09 on Feb 23, 2020 wrote:
I'm hoping you guys understand I like to see the Winter scroll event to be extended a week, due to the fact how unfair the Death deckathalon event is only giving me around 26 to 32 points a day ( even with the double point membership ) compare to the spiral showcase is giving 100 points a day. Or, can you guys least extend the double membership scroll of winter points to the end of the winter scroll of fortune event?

*** And please, for future references, make sure the deckathalon is able to give out 100 points a day in the future events and be able to do countless runs or least minimum 25 cap run! :( ***

I was going to be able to make it at end of the 9th tier, if there was going to be, continued to be a " spiral showcase; but unfortunately there was - ended up being low point death deckathalon event. So now, im going to be short on points. So by time event totally ends, i still need around 410 points - roughly.

I feel jaded and mix feelings, knowing i spent 7000 crowns, and im going to be short on points just cuz of one event gives less points then the other.

Will you guys consider my feedback, and look into this and see if you will consider extending the event for another week? Or maybe, at least, even extend the " double point membership thing ", to the end of the winter scroll of fortune event?

I just would like to see people, like myself and others, have a legit chance to finishing the event! Thanks!

With little hope of chance or chance,
- Cowan Shadowhunter lvl 52 Ice.
I Have to agree with him, ( Cowdy ) I dont feel there was enough time to finish mine either, I do believe the " point system " on the deckathalon was unjust and wasn't properly equal platform as accordingly, compared to the other platforms on other events. So I too 2nd motion this idea in favor of extending the " Winter Scroll " event for another week.

How bout it Spark - will you guys consider this?

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Jenna FireHeart on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
I Have to agree with him, ( Cowdy ) I dont feel there was enough time to finish mine either, I do believe the " point system " on the deckathalon was unjust and wasn't properly equal platform as accordingly, compared to the other platforms on other events. So I too 2nd motion this idea in favor of extending the " Winter Scroll " event for another week.

How bout it Spark - will you guys consider this?
the scrolls last 90 days, 90 days! i understand people join at different times, but starting feb 4th isn't early. it's great to get that close to finishing it in that little time. in 3 months you get spiral showcase events twice each month - so 6 times, you get 3 deckathalons and 3 beastmoon. each spiral showcase you can get 100 points a day, that's 700 points in a week, so 4200 points just doing the spiral showcase, during each season's scroll. if you don't like deckathalon or beastmoon (beastmoon is easily more points than the showcase if you love it) you can still get to the end of the scroll easily just doing the showcase. but you have to start earlier.

they can't extend it, people asked last time, too, and that was the first one and actually ran, i think, like 120 days!! and some people wanted it extended because they started last minute. just be ready to jump on the spring scroll in a few days :) you can get to the end of it easily now that you know how since you tried some in the winter one :) . they literally have the year mapped out as far as timing the scroll lengths. 4 scrolls a year, there just isn't a way to extend one and push back another. i'm sorry, i can't see how they could.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I would love it if they extended the Winter SOF but alas, it will be gone tonight, 2/29 and the Spring scroll will become active on March 1st. Cowdy 09, if you would have began earning points on December 1st when the Winter scroll was released, you would have more than enough points. You stated that you began earning points on Feb 4th, that is less than a month to go to get 2900 + points. You started a bit late.

I can tell you my experience with the Fall SOF, (the first one to be released), I had oodles of points on all my wizards by the time the scroll expired. That is because I took part in almost every event, Beastmoon, Deckathalons and each one of the Spiral Showcases. I had more time to play in Sept. through Nov. 2019. But when the Winter scroll came out I started a new schedule IRL which did NOT allow for much time to play W101 in December or January. I am really sorry that time flew by because like Cowdy 09, I am not going to have enough points to even redeem the last free prize on the scroll, the Winter Scroll painting. Which I really wanted badly! There were many items I really wanted and I had planned to buy the scroll on two of my wizards. I am glad I never purchased the Winter SOF because NONE of my wizards would have had the points. My storm wizard has the most points right now and it's just over 1800 which puts me in Tier 7 for prizes, she won't even make it to Tier 9.

So, my advice to all wizards who want to either purchase the scroll or at least redeem ALL of the free prizes... START RIGHT AWAY! As soon as the scroll comes out you have 3 months to earn points on it, DO NOT WAIT. Or you may regret it.

As far as this Winter SOF, lesson learned. I will look forward to the December 2020 Winter SOF and hope it has some items from this year's.

-Bummed Out I didn't play more events this winter...