Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Update for February 12, 2020

AuthorMessage
Administrator
This morning's maintenance period came with a number of fixes and updates to the game!
  • Redeeming gifted Friendship Packs should now work properly.
  • Catacombs boss loot is now back on Sir Greggor.
  • Various adjustments to the Deckathalon for the next event:
  • > Point values for the mobs on higher floors have been adjusted downwards.
    > Mobs have increased flat damage to counter certain stalling strategies.
    > Mob AI has been slightly adjusted and they are bubbling over with excitement for the next challengers!
  • Beastmoon Hunt “Help Pages” should now accurately reflect the match points values for kills and captures.
  • Beastmoon Hunt progress bar should now correctly award points for Beast Form tier/level upgrades.
  • You can now place large items in the Olde Town Apartment yard.
  • Fixed Heart Emoji housing item display so it faces forward.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I hope the new updates for Beastmoon means they will not have that new darkened area on there. I can't play it because of sight problems. The Decathlon, I won't do again after the last fiasco. I have addressed KI with this a number of times. Thank you

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
why did you make the loot of alchecmical reagents only on boss? this makes it really really really really hard to craft the items, also lot of time waste

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
FionaDawn62 on Feb 12, 2020 wrote:
I hope the new updates for Beastmoon means they will not have that new darkened area on there. I can't play it because of sight problems. The Decathlon, I won't do again after the last fiasco. I have addressed KI with this a number of times. Thank you
They sadly wont listen fiona im sorry they just wont im beyond angry at these new deckathalon changes its like they are obviously trying to kill it off at this point no one literally wanted the leaderboard no one and then the death deckathalon with its new changes oh my god its made it ever worse than it already was immensely i just cant believe how bad they are listening if they even are at this point with the anger towards these changes like

if you miss 2 turns the mobs put up a damage bubble (yea thats totally fair.. its really not not even close)

the mobs have flat damage now which makes the decks nearly useless for protection

they nerfed the points which makes it even harder to get points

im just honestly shocked and appalled by these changes its just beyond any help at this point i feel like these changes are almost intentional in killing deckathalon off since more people love beastmoon now tbh

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
jafar00201020 on Feb 17, 2020 wrote:
why did you make the loot of alchecmical reagents only on boss? this makes it really really really really hard to craft the items, also lot of time waste
honestly at this point theres no use in getting dragoon the difference between vanguard is practically nothing friend ive honestly only chose to stick with vanguard for the hood boots and amulet

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
OK the reworked Deckathalon is absolutely ridiculous, by trying to fix the grind for 750 points you made it worse, now instead of getting the pet on your own time when you can log on you are basically forced to log in EVERY DAY to *possibly* get the points needed for the pet, and that's if you don't make any mistakes and do things perfectly fine. The Ice Deckathalon as manageable but the Death Deckathalon I just groaned at when I saw the changes, flat resist is pointless, how about we just remove it from decks now? No Heals between towers makes you need to waste precious starter pips to heal (obviously important!) and still limited on entries, I would not be surprised if Deckathalon ends up dying from this, any hopes and dreams of getting the pets are just gone if you can't put every day into playing this event perfectly.