Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shortchanged on Hatch Peppers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Tonight my pets left the hatching kiosk after having been in for the past two weeks on all five of my wizards. I only received one hatch pepper per pet (those who nobody hatched with) where previously I'd been getting two hatch peppers per pet for the two weeks. This on a double reagent weekend?

On another note, I had been suspecting getting short changed on hatch peppers for the pets who only got one hatch in the two week period. I had started to track this time and of course both pets that had hatched were hatched multiple times so I couldn't check this time.

Administrator
Just Another Pirat... on Feb 9, 2020 wrote:
Tonight my pets left the hatching kiosk after having been in for the past two weeks on all five of my wizards. I only received one hatch pepper per pet (those who nobody hatched with) where previously I'd been getting two hatch peppers per pet for the two weeks. This on a double reagent weekend?

On another note, I had been suspecting getting short changed on hatch peppers for the pets who only got one hatch in the two week period. I had started to track this time and of course both pets that had hatched were hatched multiple times so I couldn't check this time.
This could be a bug, but just to be sure, please also report this to our support team who can look into your specific account: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
I can confirm that the hatch peppers are shorted if your pet only hatches once in the two week period.

I had two pets with only one hatch and all I got was the message they had left the kiosk. I believe this has been the case since the time period changed from one week to two weeks.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Just Another Pirat... on Feb 23, 2020 wrote:
I can confirm that the hatch peppers are shorted if your pet only hatches once in the two week period.

I had two pets with only one hatch and all I got was the message they had left the kiosk. I believe this has been the case since the time period changed from one week to two weeks.
This is very true.

We have been shortchanged hatch peppers for a very long time. In more ways than one.

1- Pets must remain in the kiosk for 2 weeks. 1 hatch = 1 pepper. 2 hatches = 2 peppers. 0 hatches = 2 peppers.
By 2 weeks end, zero hatches earns us the same as if we had 2 hatches.

2- Member Benefit reward of double reagent. Twice I've missed my offered pets ending during this benefit.
For those who don't know, members with pets ending during double reagent benefit get double the peppers! Anyone who's gotten 4 peppers, plz post to confirm this. 0 hatches = 4 peppers!!

Solutions:
a) Give us a hatch pepper bonus for any pet remaining in the kiosk at the end of 2 weeks. This is regardless of how many hatches we got.

b) Pets that reach the maximum amount of hatches, should reward us with a bonus pepper!
c) How about a weekly pepper reward? A pet offered for 2 weeks, give us a pepper at the end of week 1 and the end of week 2.

d) Another solution is: Give us the choice of 1 week or 2. I prefer offering my pets for 1 week so that they may end during the double reagent benefit.

e) Something new to offer us. Hatchback peppers. If someone hatches with our pet, we are given the opportunity to hatchback with theirs. But what incentive is there? I propose a new reward system be set up to encourage us to hatchback with those who hatch with us.
f) And what if we were to get a pepper for using the kiosk in the first place? Perhaps a 'use kiosk x amount of times' sort of deal. Designed to encourage us to do more hatches via the kiosk. It can be something like, "for every 2 times you hatch via the kiosk, you get a pepper".
g) Lessen the cost of peppers. 100 peppers for 1 Purreau's potion is a tad bit expensive.
h) Peppers should be the currency for re-train points! 100 peppers to retrain a failed talent.
i) Peppers as currency for 'uncover the pool'. 25 peppers to reveal all the talents in our pet pool.
j) Others reading this should expand on these suggestions.

Tip:
Pets that reach the maximum hatches allowed currently do not earn us any more peppers. Therefore, it is wise to remove that pet immediately and offer it again.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Another month and still being shorted on hatch peppers. My pets just left the kiosk and the three that had a single hatch in the two week period left without another hatch pepper. At this point it's better to put in pets that are unlikely to get a hatch so you aren't shorted if you only get a single hatch in the two week period. Are you really wanting to encourage people to stuff the hatching kiosk with junk pets?

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Since my last post here we've had major updates to pets and the hatching kiosk. I had hoped this bug had been squashed. The pets of my five wizards left the kiosk this evening and all the ones who only got a single hatch received zero hatch peppers. The ones that nobody hatched with gave me two hatch peppers as expected.

For the love of Bartleby, why is it if you only get a single hatch in the time frame you are short changed on hatch peppers?

With the changes to pet hatching the update did, people are even less inclined to hatch via the kiosk. Not to mention the utter chaos removal of mouse over preview for snacks in shared bank resulted in. Did any of the devs ever try to look at 42 PAGES of snacks one by one looking for mid range death snacks?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Did you know, when it was double reagent member benefit, it gave only ONE pepper for pets with 0 hatches.
That's a loss of 3 peppers per pet.

It's about time this gets fixed.

And give us the option to offer pets for 1 week or 2 so we do not miss out on when it is double reagent time.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck on Feb 18, 2020 wrote:
This could be a bug, but just to be sure, please also report this to our support team who can look into your specific account: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game
I have done as you said and Support basically told me that members are being misled and should post our concerns here.

Support said,
"This part of the game it is considered working as intended by the game makers.

Hatch peppers and daily assignment rewards are rewards for completing special in-game activities and are not affected by member benefit events or elixirs.

If you'd like to provide your feedback on this we'd recommend posting to the forums about it at the forums at www.wizard101.com or www.pirate101.com".

Now, we all know this is not consistent with the wording of this member benefit, nor consistent with how it worked when it was first introduced. Every reagent should be doubled. And nowhere have I seen where exceptions are made. At the very least, change the wording for this benefit or make a new category for all reagents not partaking with this benefit. They should no longer be called a "Reagent" if they are not going to be a part of this benefit. Call them something else.

Even so, we know none of what we are being told is true with the hatch peppers because they do double during the benefit if hatched with. The developers just don't like giving out 4 peppers at a time (for zero hatchers pets whose offer ended).

Why is it that players who find a gameplay issue are being told by Support to post our concerns here, meanwhile posting here has us being deferred back to Support? All the players want is for the game to work as truly intended, and our concerns addressed appropriately.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck, can you please help get this resolved. I waited 4 days for a response from Support on this and their answer is unacceptable.

Support told me,
"As for the Hatching Peppers, they have been tested and considered working as intended by the game makers."

But we all know that is just not true.

Here is their message in its entirety, I want you to read it and know we are being told by Support to post here and when posting here we are being told to tell it to Support.

"Greetings,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

If you have any feedback or suggestions you wish to share with our game makers, designers, or developers and community manager you can reach them directly on our message boards/forums.

Our game makers and community manager do take player feedback extremely seriously and this is the most direct way to reach them in regards providing your feedback on any in-game issue.

As for the Hatching Peppers, they have been tested and considered working as intended by the game makers.

Again, if you'd like to provide your feedback on this we'd recommend
posting to the forums about it at the forums at www.wizard101.com
or
www.pirate101.com

We can assure you that our game makers take player feedback extremely seriously.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

KingsIsle Support"

I want that the game makers straight up tell us when something we come to expect, suddenly changes. It is not right to tell those with membership that the member benefit works one way and then one day it doesn't. That is called a bait and switch and should be illegal advertising. The benefit was double reagents and that includes all reagents. Please point us to the direction where it was mentioned by KingsIsle that it has changed. And these hatch peppers certainly are not working as they should be. Even if they are not going to double, we are still being shortchanged on hatch peppers when we offer our pet for 2 weeks and only get 1 hatch pepper. Someone needs to tend to these issues and fast.

Administrator
stemogstel on Jun 4, 2020 wrote:
Sparck, can you please help get this resolved. I waited 4 days for a response from Support on this and their answer is unacceptable.

Support told me,
"As for the Hatching Peppers, they have been tested and considered working as intended by the game makers."

But we all know that is just not true.

Here is their message in its entirety, I want you to read it and know we are being told by Support to post here and when posting here we are being told to tell it to Support.

"Greetings,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

If you have any feedback or suggestions you wish to share with our game makers, designers, or developers and community manager you can reach them directly on our message boards/forums.

Our game makers and community manager do take player feedback extremely seriously and this is the most direct way to reach them in regards providing your feedback on any in-game issue.

As for the Hatching Peppers, they have been tested and considered working as intended by the game makers.

Again, if you'd like to provide your feedback on this we'd recommend
posting to the forums about it at the forums at www.wizard101.com
or
www.pirate101.com

We can assure you that our game makers take player feedback extremely seriously.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

KingsIsle Support"

I want that the game makers straight up tell us when something we come to expect, suddenly changes. It is not right to tell those with membership that the member benefit works one way and then one day it doesn't. That is called a bait and switch and should be illegal advertising. The benefit was double reagents and that includes all reagents. Please point us to the direction where it was mentioned by KingsIsle that it has changed. And these hatch peppers certainly are not working as they should be. Even if they are not going to double, we are still being shortchanged on hatch peppers when we offer our pet for 2 weeks and only get 1 hatch pepper. Someone needs to tend to these issues and fast.
Thanks Stemogstel, I sent your feedback here to our QA team to review further.

If your pet hatches with another pet, you get 1 hatch pepper.

If no one hatches with your pet after 2 weeks, you get 2 hatch peppers.

The 2 hatch peppers are a consolation prize.

Last year we expanded the time a pet spends in the Kiosk from 1 week to 2 weeks so players wouldn’t have to re-add their pets so often. You can always remove your pet early if you want.

Both the 1 hatch pepper for a hatch and the 2 consolation peppers should double during the double reagents subscriber benefit.

My main character has been adding 5 pets to kiosk since we added the kiosk and I believe it’s working correctly.

If it’s not working like this, please let me know and we’ll fix it.

Arthur

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jun 8, 2020 wrote:
If your pet hatches with another pet, you get 1 hatch pepper.

If no one hatches with your pet after 2 weeks, you get 2 hatch peppers.

The 2 hatch peppers are a consolation prize.

Last year we expanded the time a pet spends in the Kiosk from 1 week to 2 weeks so players wouldn’t have to re-add their pets so often. You can always remove your pet early if you want.

Both the 1 hatch pepper for a hatch and the 2 consolation peppers should double during the double reagents subscriber benefit.

My main character has been adding 5 pets to kiosk since we added the kiosk and I believe it’s working correctly.

If it’s not working like this, please let me know and we’ll fix it.

Arthur
The consolation peppers have not been working properly since the expansion. I have reported this and posted about it time and time again. I even sent Support screenshot proof of my offered pets leaving the kiosk during the benefit with only 1 pepper earned.

Support has given this response:

"Hatch peppers and daily assignment rewards are rewards for completing special in-game activities and are not affected by member benefit events or elixirs."

So you see there is some sort of misunderstanding in the mechanics given by that response.

It is also not doubling Mote reagents from Daily Assignment rewards, nor participation trophies.

All special event reagents no longer double during this benefit either. These include Runes, Moonstones, etc.
If it was decided some reagents are too valuable to double then KI needs to be upfront about this and not spring it on us. People buy membership just to double reagents during this benefit. Some buy the Scroll of Fortune just to double reagents and if it won't double, they will reconsider buying it.

Back to hatching peppers...
Please see my posts from this topic. On March 2, I give a list from A to J (1 to 10) of ideas and solutions that should be considered. It includes introducing 'hatchback peppers' among other interesting ideas. Please give it a look over.

If one does not login to the game during the benefit, or does not login to the wizard with offered pets, would that wizard see the hatch pepper double if the pet was hatched with while the benefit was running?

I'll rephrase.
Pretend the double reagent benefit is ending today. Someone hatches with my offered pet. I do not check that wizard until tomorrow. Should I see 1 pepper or 2?