Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Regarding the proposed changes to resist

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
I have heard some information on what the proposed changes to resist KI is considering and i find it extremely concerning. I really do not like the idea of changing resist so that it only affects extra damage beyond the base damage of a card. It completely invalidates the point of even building resist in the first place. this would weaken every school across the board and drastically reduce survivability, especially at higher levels, to the point that glass cannons like storm wizards will *never* be able to solo content by themselves because they no long have any protection and after a certain a point, spells like Fairy no long have a heal substantial enough to actually make a difference in a fight. This is especially prevalent in the third story arc set of worlds (Polaris, Mirage, and Empyrea).

what makes it worse is that pretty much every boss from Polaris onwards uses some cheat or another, which only makes it harder, when you deliberately limit what cards we can play without risking retaliation and at the same time make it harder to survive without the aid of an outside force, you make the game less fun because players cannot enjoy the game at their own pace and as a result people will move away from the game.

You are already going to be alienating the Ice Wizard players by dealing such a heavy handed nerf to the school's identity as a tank, how many players will choose to leave if it is implemented? how many more will follow? This kind of change is terrible for the longevity of the game.