Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When the next events are opening?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
Hi does anybody knows when the deckathalon will be open again thanks!

Administrator
Gettdowncrazy on Jan 13, 2020 wrote:
Hi does anybody knows when the deckathalon will be open again thanks!
We just opened the Ice Deckathalon, have fun exploring this event!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Sparck on Jan 21, 2020 wrote:
We just opened the Ice Deckathalon, have fun exploring this event!
you can't do too much exploring when you only get three shots at it.. i wont be wasting my time trying this event out again

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I feel the same way. It used to fun and I was really looking forward to the next one. This is a big disappointment. Without being able to buy more entries, it just becomes unpleasant and not worth it. Too bad, too, 'cause it used to be a nice way to pass the time.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Idony09 on Jan 21, 2020 wrote:
you can't do too much exploring when you only get three shots at it.. i wont be wasting my time trying this event out again
It is not hard to get to the third stage on your first credit, then seek to build a better deck and progress further.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Ki,

do you turn off or turn healing pets way down in the decklathon? my pet normally heals up a storm but it has only healed 4 times in all the runs i tried of this event. that is not just random. I have tried doing a better deck.. but i can not get past the forth level.. it is super frustrating when everything i have tried fails.. and to know i would be able to do it if my pet would just heal.

what is the point of this event? the only reason i keep banging my head against this stupid event is because i spent a ton of crowns on the scroll.. which i thought would work for all my wizards but only works for one.. Wow,, haha you got me there.. spend all those crowns... well rest assured I will not be buying anymore scrolls.. or trying to do your pointless events.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
if you gave it a chance you might find you actually like it. i hated this format on test realm, but in live i love it. when you get through the end of a stage, your health and mana are refilled, so it's possible to get through 3 or more levels per credit, especially once you have made the middle or upper level decks. i have 2 wiz trying to get through level 10. haven't cracked it yet lol but i hope to get at least one of them through it before the event is over. i have gotten the pet on 2 of my wiz. if you have multiple characters you can spend a fair amount of time, if spending time is what you are looking for. or you could collect your credits each day and use them all at once at the end, you keep unused ones during the event if you collect them each day.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
This event was updated for the worse! Please remove the leaderboard and remove the credit limit.

The new stages are great, but the leaderboard needs to go and especially the credit limit.

*No reason to have the leaderboard- (very FEW members want it)
It does not even accurately measure skill- this event depends so much on pet rng and it advantageous to those who have played before or have multiple wizards to farm with
*The restricted limit hurts farmers on the event (still can't get enough runes)

-There is no reason you should have to play the event on more than wizard if you do not want to to increase your options to farm.

The changes to this event are bad. Revert changes

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
lilacwine on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:
if you gave it a chance you might find you actually like it. i hated this format on test realm, but in live i love it. when you get through the end of a stage, your health and mana are refilled, so it's possible to get through 3 or more levels per credit, especially once you have made the middle or upper level decks. i have 2 wiz trying to get through level 10. haven't cracked it yet lol but i hope to get at least one of them through it before the event is over. i have gotten the pet on 2 of my wiz. if you have multiple characters you can spend a fair amount of time, if spending time is what you are looking for. or you could collect your credits each day and use them all at once at the end, you keep unused ones during the event if you collect them each day.
I have yet to make it thru to the end... try as i might.. It frustrates me to no end.. i can not no matter what i put in my deck make it past level 4.. What are you using to get there?
Also i dont get it.. my pet is a healing machine.. when I am not in the decklathon.. I started at level one again just so i can maybe get the runes and points for the winter scroll.. my pet did not heal ONCE... that cant be 'unlucky'

I don't need to pay to feel mad so i decided not to bother with this event anymore..

Survivor
Oct 08, 2010
Please remove the leader board so we do not have the daily limit of 3 credits.

I really appreciate the changes by adding my floors to the towers.

A dev stated on twitter that there were more reasons for limiting entries like time/resources, which makes absolutely no sense since at the same time you implement farming catacombs or farming for spellements- which is a HUGE time/resources drain. Pet training resource drain, farming for spells time drain, etc. Everything in this game is a resource/time drain and you continue to add things that do that so why for this one event (which you have spellements dropping in and recipes which require a LARGE amount of rune to craft) would you limit your player base. The leaderboard does not have enough popularity to restrict entries, which are very unpopular with a lot of the fan base.

Most people were not able to get the pet for the ice and death deckathon last year, so yes there will be people that play this event with these new updates. (You may see a spike in participation up until the fire deckathon) But please take a look at the data from the fire event and after and consider what a large part of the community is stating. Lilacwine I did give it a try and only got 2 strengthening runes and did not like the credit limits at all! I hated it in test and even more in live!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
i can see where if you don't want to do this on more than one wiz it will mean it takes a lot longer to get the runes you need, though it's good to remember you get fire runes randomly in all the deckathalons, just like you get runes that aren't fire in the ice deckathalon.

ok, to get through level four without a deckathalon deck from another event, here's what i would do (not an expert, but this is what i did before). look through your decks for one with a tear drop jewel spot and as much tc space as you can get. put on as much health as you can with that tear drop jewel. if you are higher level, you may have health on the deck as well and that helps, too.

for stage 4 i put in at least one row of ice shields in the tc space, then i put in 4 to 5 fire blades, 4 fire elf if you have room, 6 sunbird if room (at least 4 if possible), 3 meteor, and i put in a couple phoenix if i was trying to get through more stages at once. fill in more space with whatever you want, i always put in 2 sprite, extra shields are good. you want to blade and hit with sunbird in the first fight, you may have to shield a couple times first, and if they tower shield you can hit with elf and follow with sunbird. that should get you to the second fight. in the second fight, you want to blade and hit with meteor. if they have shielded it makes it harder, but again you can elf. i found that if i could get at least one of them gone pretty fast it is much much easier. final fight, blade and sunbird gets you through, so just shield as needed. once you have the recipe for the deck, you work on level 5. the first time through i used 1 credit to get through level 5. similar deck set up, but i relied on phoenix instead of sunbird, and i needed more shields. once you have deck 5 though, i could get through stage 1-4 usually on one credit. this is one of those things that not everyone is going to be happy with whatever KI does, and i hope they can find a compromise that makes more people happy. i didn't find it too hard, at least once i had a deck 5. hope this helps.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
KI,

Do you turn off pet healing during this event? My pet heals quite often normally, but when I am in the event it heals maybe once... ONCE! And no it can't be that i am just unlucky because after doing it the past couple of days, each day it healed once in the event.

Survivor
May 12, 2011
I really love the deckathalon events. However, I must admit, they are really frustrating as you get to the last three levels. Even if you have a pet that spams heals, it's incredibly difficult to finish. I like to do all my wizards on my account and by the time I am even close to finishing, it's over. To be honest ever since the "fix" concerning pet heals none of mine have healed well. I have made dozens of pets, some with just heals and even still, they hardly heal. Such a waste. Right now the Fire Deckathalon is running right now. I have crafted the level 9 deck and am on the last round of three floors. On the second floor I shielded with a -85 fire shield. The first minion put a backdraft on me for 105 then the second minion hit me with an Efreet. The damage was 1300. Considering the max health is just a bit over 1000 with a jewel there was nothing I could do. The constant ticks from Heck Hound and instances like the aforementioned make it a ridiculous feat. I understand there should be some difficulty however please keep in mind this amount of said difficulty just makes the instance so frustrating that it takes all the fun from the event. I also preferred when we could buy more entrances. The 3 entries per day pretty much stinks. Honestly, if this method continues, once I get all the pets, I will see no need to even bother with the events which is sad because they were really fun in the beginning. I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
i have to be honest, i really enjoyed this one. i finished stage 10 on 4 of my wizards, but only got the pet on 2. i already had a fire hamster and i didn't feel like grinding through, so i just made the highest level deck i had the runes for, and used that to get to the end and then moved it to the next wiz. this one was way easier than the death one, i only got to the end on one wizard and that was by the skin of my teeth, last possible run through at the end of the event that tuesday morning. i don't have the best internet connection, and i share it with the people i live with (basically most of my family, my folks are in their 70s and moved in with me a few years ago, my brother and nephew live downstairs so it's all one wifi connection) so there are always multiple people using it, and i didn't have much trouble, only kicked off or frozen once. i'm really sorry you had trouble with freezes, that's the most frustrating thing that happens. getting through the last stages is a combination of deck building and luck, i got lucky with some of their fizzes, and i had quenches in, too. they made a huge difference. looking forward to the next deckathalon!