Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need some help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2016
Honestly, I don't know which school to level up anymore. I really like the fire school but honestly I'm getting very bored of it. My wizard is level 115 in Mirage, and I'm honestly bored. I want to try something new, should I level up my level 40 storm, my level 61 life, or just start fresh and new and level up my level 10 ice in Krokotopia? The reason I wanted to start a storm is because their damage is amazing, I'm actually rethinking my decision because storm has low health, bad accuracy, and I can't even solo a dungeon it's so bad. The reason I want to make an ice is because they can tank, good resist, and good damage. And now the reason I want to continue my life is because it has a lot of potential, just kind of not my thing, but life is actually pretty good if I put some effort into mine. Now the reason why I don't know if I want to stay with fire is that, fire has good health, alright accuracy, good damage, and eh resist. I've also made it so far on my fire, especially almost getting to raging bull. Honestly the reason why I stopped even wanting to do fire is because it has no AOEs that leave an effect, like ice can stun you, storm can stun you, life can leave a weakness on you, or put on a shield for themselves. Or storm can decrease your accuracy. All fire does is have an annoying overtime, and it's also annoying because you have to wait until 118 to get a good spell.

All I need is some advice on what school I pick.

Thanks for hearing me rant for a little, goodluck questing!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There is a reason why is now and has been for quite some time, the most popular school within the game. The school saw a sharp increase when the game introduced the Critical/Block Aspect.

So, the issues you mention, low accuracy, low health are temporary. Yes, the school will always suffer from a lack of defenses, but new diviners tend to realize that, the point of the school is not to outlast or survive battles, it's to end them quickly.

Accuracy, especially storm's will increase as you level, you can do things such as enchant your cards with treasures (for now such as sniper, keen eyes etc.) to help with the accuracy issue.

I highly suggest giving the school a try. It's good, especially post level 60, granted you've good gear.

Ice is also a serious school as well. The school see a stark increase in power at about level 100 with well equipped gear.

Hence, the unique aspect of this school is that you'll have both offense and defense. Just that it takes a while.

will probably be the most difficult school to use when soloing because of the lack of AoE's.

Still can work though.