Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My myth is in Avalon, having conflicting thoughts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards!

I have a level 70 myth wizard and I just finished Zafaria. I'm about to start Avalon and I think I have ok stats. 90% damage 38% resist and 36% critical. The thing is, I know Myth is the least favourite school and that no one wants a myth on their team (since ice/life is more efficient). I don't know what to do, I always hear complaints about myth and it kind of hurts my motivation. Is there a chance that some of you guys give me some encouraging words about this school? Maybe some max myth wizards that can tell me that everything's gonna be ok? (Even if, maybe someday I won't have the best gear)

This is my second highest level character, and I want to keep questing and enjoying it. So I'd appreciate some positivity!

Jonathan DawnHunter
lvl 130

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I have a max Myth. I've found that people are generally ok with a Myth being on the team. Just because you're not the best at any one thing doesn't mean that Myth is a terrible choice for those things. I've done well as a hitter, as a supporter, and as a healer. The key, from what I've seen, is to be flexible. A lot of times when I join a team, I have to check my teammate's setups and change myself to fill out any roles that may be missing.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Jonathan,

Stick with it! My myth got through ZF and through Avalon! Now she is about half way through Azteca. Avalon was a lot of fun and when I used team up I was not ditched, even though I half expected to be as a conjurer. I am sure I can solo most of the AZ bosses, but I am sure I will need help with Xibalba, maybe a couple others. I expect to have help when I need it, mainly because I try to help others also. As a conjurer, I got the life mastery amulet and trained through Satyr. As Torpzun already mentioned, myth can hit, heal or support (a death or life hitter with tri-blades & traps).
Plus you will get your myth minion in Avalon somewhere near Lvl 78 I think. Don't lose heart fellow conjurer! Avalon is a fun place to be a myth wizard and you will likely make a few friends along the road to Ghost Avalon. Have fun and enjoy it! Rock your myth! You got this!

Angela Legend 89

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Torpzun26 on Jan 7, 2020 wrote:
I have a max Myth. I've found that people are generally ok with a Myth being on the team. Just because you're not the best at any one thing doesn't mean that Myth is a terrible choice for those things. I've done well as a hitter, as a supporter, and as a healer. The key, from what I've seen, is to be flexible. A lot of times when I join a team, I have to check my teammate's setups and change myself to fill out any roles that may be missing.
Thank you for commenting.

What about soloing regular quests? Does it become nearly impossible as I progress? Is it way more difficult than all the other schools?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
JonathanDawnHunter on Jan 7, 2020 wrote:
Thank you for commenting.

What about soloing regular quests? Does it become nearly impossible as I progress? Is it way more difficult than all the other schools?
Couple things here.

Yes, myth is the least popular school. This is due to several reasons ranging from minions being practically useless as you level from the lack of trainable school heal for the school.

But, it's not all bad though.

I also have a high leveled myth and the school is actually decent so far.

Great gear definitely does help, so I would advise you to spend some efforts here alongside a decent pet.

You can still solo quests efficiently, I don't utilize team ups or quest with others, I mostly solo where occasionally, another player may join here or there, but the school can handle itself relatively well.

Enchanted Hummongofrog does wonders and will still continue to be a great asset to you.

So, no, it's not impossible. Questing is still feasible and even fun at times.