Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Participation Trophy Reagent in Dire Need

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Nordic Champion on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:
I just checked my shared bank and I currently have 38 Participation Trophies and only 3 of them were from the Fall Scroll of Fortune. The other 35 were from daily assignment rewards. 6 wizards, daily assignments, not even every day. Just trying to prove I am not lying about how many you can acquire just from doing daily's. Keep doing them. It doesn't have to be every day. They may be boring to some, but that was not the intent of KI putting daily assignments in the game. It is my opinion that they put the assignments in the game for us to revisit places we don't go to anymore. A max level has no need to go to Dragonspyre or Wysteria. It's nice just to go there or battle an easy mob just for old times sake. If you are high level, it only takes mere minutes. I personally enjoy going all over the spiral and find it fun and relaxing to do daily's. Again, I don't do them every single day on every single wizard, (okay unless it's a Spiral Showcase ).

Pekron Reader
@Nordic Champion, I don't think anyone thinks you or others are lying about the number of Participation Trophies you can get by doing dailies. But I do think the drop rate is so low that not all players are having much luck at obtaining the PT's.

It gets to a point that if a player doesn't start acquiring some of those EXTREMELY rare items at some point, they do tend to give up. I have not done another daily in a month just for that reason on any of my wizards and I did to them almost every day.... Most of what is dropped it virtually useless.

Not all of us can afford to buy the Scrolls nor are all of us interested in doing the Events.

As for revisiting worlds we have already completed, that is not a problem. The drops are the problem.

As I have stated before, I don't PvP, or do the Events. I highly doubt I am the only one that doesn't do them.

The fact that Participation Trophies are needed to complete a Crafting Quest and they are tied to PvP, Dailies, and Events makes it even harder to get than the Potent Trap was for the Crafting in Azteca. Participation Trophies should not be required for crafting by the general population without a more reasonable way to obtain them. Either by crafting them or making them Auctionable so others are able to complete the Revered Badge

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I do think it would be a good idea to make participation trophies avalible in a few more areas (maybe a drop from the trash monsters since there is a whole box of them just down there among the trash pile assets)

I personally did the tournament method but that requires crowns so and the rng of daily assignments is a horrible way to have to go through it especially if you are like me and tend to forget about the daily because you know life and stuff.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2015
I am in the same boat since when does PVP have anything to do with CRAFTINGGGGG! I'm very angry with wizard101 at the moment to do all the crafting quests to get dragoon gear to get to the last 2 and you have to PVP well you can go to hell wizard101

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
If KI won't give us better ways to acquire the Participation Trophies outside of PvP and Daily Assignments, then, PLEASE remove it from all recipes and allow us to use something that is NOT associated with any form of PvP or other events. Not all players do them. Many of us are playing for the " enjoyment" of questing, gardening and pet training.

So many other things are removed or added to the game that doesn't necessarily make the game more fun but no reagent should be tied to any specific event or aspect of the game that not everyone wants to do.

Community Leader
DragonLady1818 on Jun 24, 2020 wrote:
If KI won't give us better ways to acquire the Participation Trophies outside of PvP and Daily Assignments, then, PLEASE remove it from all recipes and allow us to use something that is NOT associated with any form of PvP or other events. Not all players do them. Many of us are playing for the " enjoyment" of questing, gardening and pet training.

So many other things are removed or added to the game that doesn't necessarily make the game more fun but no reagent should be tied to any specific event or aspect of the game that not everyone wants to do.
Valid argument. I don't love their ties to PvP and how easy they are for PvPers. I've been collecting mine through Daily Assignments and just finished the 5th wizard's quest (of 15 wizards) today. They're slow, but they're something.

Also, you can say the same for Shining Scales and Shocked Keys in that case. What if someone doesn't like fishing? What if someone hates opening chests because of the mini games? And technically, daily assignments could qualify as one of "questing, gardening and pet training".

I think there should be another alternative, though. What makes me feel better is knowing that the Revered crafting quest is not mandatory and is qualified as a side crafting quest (won't stop you from obtaining any future crafting ranks).

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Community Leader
Wayney1985 on May 30, 2020 wrote:
I am in the same boat since when does PVP have anything to do with CRAFTINGGGGG! I'm very angry with wizard101 at the moment to do all the crafting quests to get dragoon gear to get to the last 2 and you have to PVP well you can go to hell wizard101
You don't need revered crafting to get dragoon gear. Check the crafting requirement on the recipes.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
This is not a challenge, this how much time KI can have us waste doing ridiculous tasks.
I have 9 wizards with focused staffs and ( 1 ) trophy between them.
Out of all the crafting quests we've done throughout the spiral the best has only been mediocre the rest, just plain useless junk.
It takes me almost 2 hours to do gardens and dailies on 12 wizards, 99.9 percent of us don't want or have time to spend like that its becoming work not fun.
Honestly the visionary staff its not worth the trouble, it won't even go on the wall it will end up in the attic.
Please offer us some gear that we can get excited about
I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or be rude. This comes from my love of the game, I understand KI is business, please hire a business person that knows gaming.

with love
Victoria

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I like PvP and I still think it's ridiculous that participation trophies are so hard to obtain outside of arena tickets. I don't have as much of an issue with the shining scales or shocked keys because the skill ceiling is much lower on getting those (and shocked keys are a really common drop and both are auctionable so you can possibly buy them from the bazaar). I'm proud of my Revered Crafter rank, although I can't say I enjoyed getting it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cody RavenTamer on Jul 3, 2020 wrote:
Valid argument. I don't love their ties to PvP and how easy they are for PvPers. I've been collecting mine through Daily Assignments and just finished the 5th wizard's quest (of 15 wizards) today. They're slow, but they're something.

Also, you can say the same for Shining Scales and Shocked Keys in that case. What if someone doesn't like fishing? What if someone hates opening chests because of the mini games? And technically, daily assignments could qualify as one of "questing, gardening and pet training".

I think there should be another alternative, though. What makes me feel better is knowing that the Revered crafting quest is not mandatory and is qualified as a side crafting quest (won't stop you from obtaining any future crafting ranks).
There should be multiple ways for players who don't like some of the side activities to obtain what they need. I don't particularly like fishing but I do it anyway. Same with the Silver chests. But I can deal with those much easier that trying to obtain something that is this difficult to get.

I have 13 wizards now and none have gotten a single one through Dailies after months on top of months. It doesn't matter whether Revered is required or not but the fact that many of us have that quest and most of the reagents. We would like to finish it.

I hear others claim they have many in their packs or banks quite often, but that doesn't help those of us who are trying just as hard. NO matter how hard or how determined we are, it doesn't change.

Community Leader
DragonLady1818 on Jul 5, 2020 wrote:
There should be multiple ways for players who don't like some of the side activities to obtain what they need. I don't particularly like fishing but I do it anyway. Same with the Silver chests. But I can deal with those much easier that trying to obtain something that is this difficult to get.

I have 13 wizards now and none have gotten a single one through Dailies after months on top of months. It doesn't matter whether Revered is required or not but the fact that many of us have that quest and most of the reagents. We would like to finish it.

I hear others claim they have many in their packs or banks quite often, but that doesn't help those of us who are trying just as hard. NO matter how hard or how determined we are, it doesn't change.
Have you checked your backpacks? When you get a participation trophy it doesn't show as the main reward. You will need to check your reagents.

I like to keep the recipe for the Revered crafting quest equipped at all times, so I just press "J" and it shows up the trophy count in the recipe.

Is there an issue with daily assignments? Is there something you would like changed on them? Maybe something that will help you complete them easier?

Personally, I'm ok with them especially those wonderful days when I get a visit quest only.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cody RavenTamer on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
Have you checked your backpacks? When you get a participation trophy it doesn't show as the main reward. You will need to check your reagents.

I like to keep the recipe for the Revered crafting quest equipped at all times, so I just press "J" and it shows up the trophy count in the recipe.

Is there an issue with daily assignments? Is there something you would like changed on them? Maybe something that will help you complete them easier?

Personally, I'm ok with them especially those wonderful days when I get a visit quest only.
Yes. I check my backpacks every time I run a Daily that includes a chest.

I can't say there is an issue exactly but it seems the Participation Trophy drops are so low to non-existent for a lot of players. It might help to increase the rng, but it would also help it the Trophies were more available either by crafting them with reasonable reagents or through. I don't mind having to work for them but they should not be as elusive as they are now.

I have seen some say they have more than enough for their wizards but that isn't helping those of us who are trying just as hard. As I have said before, no reagent should be tied to an event or PvP when it comes to needing them for Crafting.

I don't mind the Dailies but with 13 wizards, it does get a bit annoying when trying to get that one item....I have more Teleporters than I know what to do with now lol. Every now and then a pet or a crowns seed will pop up but most is sold in the bazaar if I don't need or can't use.

But, PLEASE find a way for those of us that need this reagent to be able to obtain it within a reasonable number of attempts or as I stated, crafting it.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Cody RavenTamer on Jul 3, 2020 wrote:

It seems that being able to obtain Participation Trophies has been an issue for quite some time as indicated from this thread from 2017.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting/participation-trophy-reagent-8ad6a4245f9ae6fb015fa7331a2b435a

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting/participation-trophies-8ad6a42b62d7cf730162ea599b98777b/8ad6a42b62d7cf730162ea599bb2777c?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a42b62d7cf730162ea599bb2777c

These are only a couple of threads I have found but there are more.

I do check my backpack daily whether I have done a Daily or not. If I am carrying excess reagents which, my shared bank is maxed on, I would certainly notice if there were a Participation Trophy, especially since it is can't be sold in the Bazaar.

I don't particularly care for fishing but I have acquired a number of Shining Scales from it and a few from the Bazaar. I definitely don't like "Catch a Key" but don't mind "Shock a Lock" from the silver chests and also have more than enough Shocked Keys to complete the Revered crafting quest.

Please change this so more of us have a better chance of completing the Revered even though it is not required.

Community Leader
FALLON EMERALDLEAF on Jul 9, 2020 wrote:
It seems that being able to obtain Participation Trophies has been an issue for quite some time as indicated from this thread from 2017.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting/participation-trophy-reagent-8ad6a4245f9ae6fb015fa7331a2b435a

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting/participation-trophies-8ad6a42b62d7cf730162ea599b98777b/8ad6a42b62d7cf730162ea599bb2777c?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a42b62d7cf730162ea599bb2777c

These are only a couple of threads I have found but there are more.

I do check my backpack daily whether I have done a Daily or not. If I am carrying excess reagents which, my shared bank is maxed on, I would certainly notice if there were a Participation Trophy, especially since it is can't be sold in the Bazaar.

I don't particularly care for fishing but I have acquired a number of Shining Scales from it and a few from the Bazaar. I definitely don't like "Catch a Key" but don't mind "Shock a Lock" from the silver chests and also have more than enough Shocked Keys to complete the Revered crafting quest.

Please change this so more of us have a better chance of completing the Revered even though it is not required.
I am exactly the opposite when it comes to the silver chests mini games. I like Catch a Key way more than Shock a Lock. Fishing for the scales can be quite tedious too, but I see it worth it for this quest. Keeps things interesting.

Sorry you are not having much luck with the Trophies. I check my backpack every time I have a chest after completing the daily assignment to see, but most time its a no more than yes.

Here is to hoping more ways are added for these trophies

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I think some players are forgetting the original intent. The original intent of those Revered weapons was to reward players that do participate in ALL Wizard101 activities. If you don't like a certain Wizard101 activity, you will struggle much more than the players that participate in all Wizard101 activities.....it was designed that way.

Now, whether an upgraded crafted weapon should have been the reward or maybe something else like a housing item is debatable. When these weapons first came out, I was not a fan that the crafters were the ones to suffer from the participation in activities requirements, but depending on if a different reward type was chosen, those type of players would have suffered instead.

It isn't hard to obtain participation trophies. You can join tournaments and pass every round (don't even PvP!) and you still get rewarded with arena tickets to purchase the trophies. This is a slow and boring way, but if you aren't getting them from SoF or Dailies, this is probably the best way to get them right now before they change the PvP reward system. Additionally, the amount of time "passing' in a tournament and getting all the tickets you need will be way shorter than waiting on KI to create a fourth way to get the trophies.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Oran of Urz on Jul 10, 2020 wrote:
I think some players are forgetting the original intent. The original intent of those Revered weapons was to reward players that do participate in ALL Wizard101 activities. If you don't like a certain Wizard101 activity, you will struggle much more than the players that participate in all Wizard101 activities.....it was designed that way.

Now, whether an upgraded crafted weapon should have been the reward or maybe something else like a housing item is debatable. When these weapons first came out, I was not a fan that the crafters were the ones to suffer from the participation in activities requirements, but depending on if a different reward type was chosen, those type of players would have suffered instead.

It isn't hard to obtain participation trophies. You can join tournaments and pass every round (don't even PvP!) and you still get rewarded with arena tickets to purchase the trophies. This is a slow and boring way, but if you aren't getting them from SoF or Dailies, this is probably the best way to get them right now before they change the PvP reward system. Additionally, the amount of time "passing' in a tournament and getting all the tickets you need will be way shorter than waiting on KI to create a fourth way to get the trophies.
I'm sorry but, I don't remember ever seeing Revered Weapons as a reward for players that participate it in ALL Wizard101 activities. I can guarantee you, that if I had seen or was aware of the Stricture, I would not have accepted the quest.

If it is challenge that is required, I think many of us already meet that requirement by dealing with all the CHEATS in late Mirage and Empyrea.

Crafting is supposed to be a fun activity for ALL players.....BUT, there should never be a REQUIREMENT of participation in ANY ACTIVITY.

Those of us that are having problems getting the PT are not asking for it to be handed to us. We are willing to work for it but not by being forced to participate in OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES that we are not interested in......

Not to mention that most players that do give in to PvP long enough to get the 4k tickets for 1 wizard, will throw every match just for that reason......How many actual PvPers have gained rank from FALSE WINS???

I did PvP in 2009. Not going there again. I tried Beastmoon, just another form of PvP. Deckathalon is worse that Cheating bosses. Scroll of Fortune is PAY TO WIN. Many don't have the kind of real cash it takes to BUY a single scroll. I certainly don't.....

I do Fishing, Silver Chests, Pet Promenade (when it is up) and Dailies on ALL wizards. After running 13 wizards, it doesn't leave much time for anything else. After Gardens are harvested and replanted and Pet Training, that is even more time used up. None of this is leaving much time to quest on lower level wizards even dual boxing.

Getting that elusive Potent Trap was a Challenge. I farmed for weeks plus gardened for it. Not long after, that was changed making it much easier for upcoming players to get it quicker.

Getting the PT has been an issue for many players since it was implemented.....It is time for a change or fix that allows more players to obtain this reagent.

Things like this is why players become frustrated and quit.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
Its a LVL 125 item please add the trophy's to a boss drop in Mirage. KI has always had more then one option to acquire items .
NO! you put my lvl 35 ice against a lvl 100 ice I will never waste my time on PVP again.
Honestly I enjoyed the beastmoon but quickly realized its was just another pay to win gimmick So the scroll is out.
I'm not interested in free crowns or tickets The bosses are suppose to drop everything we need.

Victoria with one trophy for 6 wizards in Empyrea

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I considered starting a new topic but, after doing a bit of research, I notice that over the past couple of years, previous threads on Participation Trophies have been locked before getting more that a handful of replies.

So @Sparck, I have a suggestion that can help many players acquire the much needed Participation Trophies.

Place the Participation Trophies in Silver Chests. Even though Shocked Key is in those Chests now, it would not be that much of an issue to have both in them. I don't mean for them both to drop from the same chest but it would help to have that option. Hopefully, they would drop a bit more than they do in Dailies.