Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shane von Shane [Star]

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 09, 2018
So in Darkmoor's Graveyard there are four bosses: Yevgeny Nightcreeper, Shane von Shane, and obviously Malistaire the Undying. Three of these drop critical pieces of gear for specific setups, and they are:

Yevgeny drops the athames
Aphrodite II drops the rings, as well as energy gear
Malistaire drops the hats, robes, boots, and wands

Shane von Shane in the Upper Halls drops the tier 1 amulets, but that's a lengthy dungeon and people glitch abuse to actually get to him. Out in the Graveyard, however, Shane drops literally nothing of use. This boss is even harder: Storm, the primary aoe school still, is resisted, spamming hits literally only stops the cheat now instead of doing a bit of damage, every time you blade he supercharges, and the minions that were also in the last battle seem to like their Sirens and set shields a lot more. All this is required for you to actually go to Malistaire for the clothes and wands. People leave after Yevgeny, not just because they're rude or just farming for the athame, but because they don't want to do a full run due to Shane's existence. It's not hard if you know what you're doing, but some people have higher brain capacities than others and runs can go down the drain pretty fast if he gets a shad and has that +84% supercharge etc etc etc

Effectively, it's a useless boss fight and people have proposed being able to just walk past him if you're not planning to fight him [which nobody would be]. While this is alright in my book, I think that what the battle needs is a useful drop. The tier 1 amulets from the Upper Halls are considered to be the best amulets out there, sporting 4 pierce, 35 crit, 4 resist, 2 square slots, decent health, your Azteca aura spell, and a shadow shield [which can be useful against bosses like the storm titan!]. I see no reason for these amulets to not also drop from the Star version of Shane in the graveyard. He's a lot more accessible, and people who already have all the clothes and just want accessories can get groups together to do the first two bosses.

TLDR I'm proposing the following gets added into Shane von Shane [Star]'s drop pool:

Talisman of the Daystar
Amulet of Neverwhere
FlyGob's Medallion
Universal Memento
Spirit of Darkmoor's Jewel
Death Seeker's Talisman
Travelling Dead's Charm

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
The items you speak of drop every time if that wizard has that as a "quest" to take of Shane.

So any new wizards goin g through this map will get it first try. Had this happen on my last 5 wizards its not a a fluke we all get them if its your quest. If you did it before well its RNG drop this is part of the FTUE setup Ki has put in place.

Defender
May 11, 2013
masterryan1969 on Jan 14, 2020 wrote:
The items you speak of drop every time if that wizard has that as a "quest" to take of Shane.

So any new wizards goin g through this map will get it first try. Had this happen on my last 5 wizards its not a a fluke we all get them if its your quest. If you did it before well its RNG drop this is part of the FTUE setup Ki has put in place.
Incorrect, I have done Darkmoore on a fresh set of characters and did not get said items on the first run there so it was indeed a fluke. Also there was mention from KI over these drops being made 100% for FTUE. But congrats on your luck :D