Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss Fight too hard for two max level wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Hello Kingsisle! Recently, I've been busy finishing side quests for Empyrea, and have come across a boss me and my friends have deemed "Nearly Impossible." Hercules Point, an Aero Dwarf boss in the Creten Bull Field, has plagued me for about a month.

His natural outgoing damage is (if I remember) somewhere around 150%, and then when he's at full HP, every turn he adds an additional 100%, which cannot be removed easily as it is Aegis Protected. And when he is damaged, he begins to heal two thousand damage a turn, ruining a wizard's attempt at killing him with multiple blows, and to top it off his Critical Resistance mades it nearly impossible to land a killing blow of above ten thousand.

To top it off, not even a full jade wizard can return to combat late, or they are instantly killed by his "Mythical Strength", a combination of Athena and Housecall. I have attempted this fight three times, and all three times I have failed.

If you could at least nerf him so he does not have a Storm Minion, have a lower Block Rating, less Outgoing Natural Damage, or Lower Health, I'm sure many Wizards would be able to actually defeat this boss.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
1. Have one wizard spam hits (wand hits, low pip spells etc) so he does not use the +100% balanceblade (preferably the jade you mentioned). He places one for every turn he is not attacked.
2. Use an AOE to deal damage to him and kill the minion.
3. Have the spammer stop spamming, and instead use buffs on the hitter and maybe cast a feint or two.
Hit ASAP with a strong spell and it should be a done deal. Don't know what schools you are playing with, but this should work given you have a good damage dealing school.

This is a late reply, though, so you might have already beaten him.

I haven't done this particular quest before, but I've come up with this strategy based on what I've found on the wiki. I do agree that his late cheat is ridiculous though, no boss should effectively prevent wizards from returning to combat.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2011
Dogspagetti27 on Dec 27, 2019 wrote:
Hello Kingsisle! Recently, I've been busy finishing side quests for Empyrea, and have come across a boss me and my friends have deemed "Nearly Impossible." Hercules Point, an Aero Dwarf boss in the Creten Bull Field, has plagued me for about a month.

His natural outgoing damage is (if I remember) somewhere around 150%, and then when he's at full HP, every turn he adds an additional 100%, which cannot be removed easily as it is Aegis Protected. And when he is damaged, he begins to heal two thousand damage a turn, ruining a wizard's attempt at killing him with multiple blows, and to top it off his Critical Resistance mades it nearly impossible to land a killing blow of above ten thousand.

To top it off, not even a full jade wizard can return to combat late, or they are instantly killed by his "Mythical Strength", a combination of Athena and Housecall. I have attempted this fight three times, and all three times I have failed.

If you could at least nerf him so he does not have a Storm Minion, have a lower Block Rating, less Outgoing Natural Damage, or Lower Health, I'm sure many Wizards would be able to actually defeat this boss.
Not that I'm implying anything, but maybe get better gear before you quest in higher worlds? Or a better pet...I've done every side quest in every world, and apart from some bosses, I've done everything by myself as a fire...I honestly don't know which boss you're talking about because I don't deem any boss in empyrea hard, let alone "impossible to beat", with the exception of the beastie boys, which I deem "hard", but not too hard.

I checked him and he seems relatively easy to beat...If you can't solo him, then just bring a friend along to keep wanding him every round until you blade up for a hit and 1 hit kill him. If his minion is bothering you, just kill it in the first 2-3 rounds.