Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Challenge run ideas?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
Hey, so I've been thinking of making a new Wizard but setting myself a limitation to make the game harder. Do you have any ideas for it?

So far I've been thinking of not using the Aqulia/Waterworks/Darkmoor gear or anything like that.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
UrbanPie on Dec 11, 2019 wrote:
Hey, so I've been thinking of making a new Wizard but setting myself a limitation to make the game harder. Do you have any ideas for it?

So far I've been thinking of not using the Aqulia/Waterworks/Darkmoor gear or anything like that.

Do you guys have any other ideas?
Hmm... formulating sinister, annoying, frustrating, absolutely diabolical ideas...

Idea 1: You cannot use Treasure Cards, Item Cards, Pets, or Lore spells

Idea 2: You are only allowed to have two attack spells ranked 4+ or X in your deck. Oh, and you can't use Shadow-enhanced spells.

Idea 3: You are not allowed to use AoE spells; you musk kill each enemy individually.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
Lookit Light on Dec 11, 2019 wrote:
Hmm... formulating sinister, annoying, frustrating, absolutely diabolical ideas...

Idea 1: You cannot use Treasure Cards, Item Cards, Pets, or Lore spells

Idea 2: You are only allowed to have two attack spells ranked 4+ or X in your deck. Oh, and you can't use Shadow-enhanced spells.

Idea 3: You are not allowed to use AoE spells; you musk kill each enemy individually.
They seem really hardcore, I like it! Main issue is that I'd probably rage at like Dragonspyre lol.

So Idea 3 is just life until Celestia? I mean their first AoE is forest lord.

Could see Idea 2 working with Balance due to how support-ey they become later on.

I thought I should elaborate my idea of the whole "No dungeon gear" idea I had:
One thing I like about Wizard101 is that the equipment looks like it comes from the world. Like the whole 1950 sci-fi appearance of equipment in Celestia, for example. Within the first arc (Wizard City - Dragonspyre), you can get Olympus gear which is ridiculously OP so there's no point with using world equipment. I feel like your equipment reflecting on what world you're on is a neat thing which I like about Wizard101. Same thing applies with the other Aqulia equipment and Waterworks. And since Aqulia/Waterworks/Darkmoor equipment is meant to be OP due to how hard the dungeons are, you'd keep them until you get the next dungeon.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
UrbanPie on Dec 12, 2019 wrote:
They seem really hardcore, I like it! Main issue is that I'd probably rage at like Dragonspyre lol.

So Idea 3 is just life until Celestia? I mean their first AoE is forest lord.

Could see Idea 2 working with Balance due to how support-ey they become later on.

I thought I should elaborate my idea of the whole "No dungeon gear" idea I had:
One thing I like about Wizard101 is that the equipment looks like it comes from the world. Like the whole 1950 sci-fi appearance of equipment in Celestia, for example. Within the first arc (Wizard City - Dragonspyre), you can get Olympus gear which is ridiculously OP so there's no point with using world equipment. I feel like your equipment reflecting on what world you're on is a neat thing which I like about Wizard101. Same thing applies with the other Aqulia equipment and Waterworks. And since Aqulia/Waterworks/Darkmoor equipment is meant to be OP due to how hard the dungeons are, you'd keep them until you get the next dungeon.
Nice to see I have the chance to ruin someone's sanity.

Idea 4: Similar to idea 2, but backwards. You can ONLY use Item and Treasure cards.

Idea 5: As a Life wizard, play through the entire storyline without using a single Healing spell.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Having to go through Wizard city and Krokotopia using nothing but a deckathalon deck