Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not Winning Fights for Being Defeated Too Long

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
Whether it's PvE or Beastmoon, I find this issue very annoying, especially in Beastmoon. Basically what it is that if you remain defeated for too many turns (I don't know the exact number) you won't get any rewards when the battle is won. In the case of PvE, you don't get any items or reagents, and if you have a quest for a boss, the quest won't be cleared until a second attempt is won. And for Beastmoon, we all know fleeing gives the opposing team points, which no one wants unless absolute necessary to get to another point. So, anyways, you end up staying for many turns even if defeated, especially in Spiral zone fights, your team wins, but the only thing you get is the event points for capping the point...........like, why? Why does this happen after a huge number of turns, but not for like one or two turns?

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
This is a legitimate point! Especially during beastmoon. When you are defeated for a couple of turns and you win the sigil, you then get booted back to the base and not staying in the arena with 1 HP like you’re supposed it. Not only this, but the other team receives +2 points for defeating you! Please fix this as these 2 points make or break a match especially during the final points of the match.

Another issue- Taken directly from update notes: Victory Pips” - if you win combat on any sigil, we’ll spawn some pip wisps to prep you for the next fight., You are not awarded victory pips after winning the spiral. I thought winning any sigils you get awarded victory pips. This worked during test realm and it hasn’t been working on live realm. All other sigils offer victory pips.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Ah, so THIS is why I didn't get drops from my fight yesterday! I agree, this is getting annoying.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Scooter07210 on Dec 7, 2019 wrote:
Whether it's PvE or Beastmoon, I find this issue very annoying, especially in Beastmoon. Basically what it is that if you remain defeated for too many turns (I don't know the exact number) you won't get any rewards when the battle is won. In the case of PvE, you don't get any items or reagents, and if you have a quest for a boss, the quest won't be cleared until a second attempt is won. And for Beastmoon, we all know fleeing gives the opposing team points, which no one wants unless absolute necessary to get to another point. So, anyways, you end up staying for many turns even if defeated, especially in Spiral zone fights, your team wins, but the only thing you get is the event points for capping the point...........like, why? Why does this happen after a huge number of turns, but not for like one or two turns?
I'm pretty sure it was changed for those wizards that were defeated on the same round the boss/enemy was defeated (i.e. you were part of the team effort, but got unlucky that round). As opposed, to a player that enters the fight dies on the first round and contributes nothing for the rest of the 30 rounds of the fight.

I'm pretty sure the change was not to encourage "riding on the backs of others" or power-leveling, farming high level gear for lower levels, etc.

Remember, prior to this change (giving rewards for one/two round defeat), you could get nothing if you died on the same round the battle finishes. Effort versus reward.