Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Hunt - Myth Rat Thief Gold Idol - Redemption Issue

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Beastmoon Hunt participants! We are aware that the Myth Rat Thief Gold Idol reward is not being awarded properly.

We are working on a resolution, but it won't be implemented in the currently running event. Instead, we will run a SECOND Beastmoon event later this month, with another helping of Beastmoon rewards, and we’ll award the Myth Rat Thief Gold Idol very early in the event so that everyone who wants it can easily acquire it.

Thanks for the initial reports on this issue!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Whoa! That is my response. Whoa!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
nice
i log in to prevent you about this glitch cuz i received a balance cyclop

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Sparck on Dec 5, 2019 wrote:
Beastmoon Hunt participants! We are aware that the Myth Rat Thief Gold Idol reward is not being awarded properly.

We are working on a resolution, but it won't be implemented in the currently running event. Instead, we will run a SECOND Beastmoon event later this month, with another helping of Beastmoon rewards, and we’ll award the Myth Rat Thief Gold Idol very early in the event so that everyone who wants it can easily acquire it.

Thanks for the initial reports on this issue!
I have been in contact with KI. This is what they said:
"Hello,

Thanks for your reports of these bugs and your patience and understanding.

Our testing teams were able to reproduce these bugs and our developers were able to identify the causes.

Our community manager "Sparck" has just updated our message boards in reference to this.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/beastmoon-hunt-myth-rat-thief-gold-idol-redemption-issue-8ad6a4276ed02e5f016ed7065f9561ee?page=1

If you have any feedback or suggestions you wish to share with our game makers, designers, or developers and community manager you can reach them directly on our message boards/forums.
Our game makers and community manager do take player feedback extremely seriously and this is the most direct way to reach them in regards providing your feedback on any in-game issue. Kindest Regards, KingsIsle Support"

This is what I sent back to them after checking my accounts:

Hello Everyone:

I just checked one of my accounts and the issue still exists on each of these idols:

1. Death Ninja Pig - As you can see, I have used enough idols to level this transformation to tier 2 and I still have 25 idols remaining (registered in game).
2. Death Fairy ( Morticia Doomsprinkle) - As you can see, I have used enough idols to level this transformation to tier 2 and I still have 1 idol remaining (registered in game).
3. Myth Rat - As you can see, I have used enough idols to level this transformation to tier 2 and I still have 1 idol remaining (registered in game).
4. Life Draconian - As you can see, I have used enough idols to unlock this transformation to tier 1 and I still have 3 idols remaining (registered in game).
5. Balance Cyclops - As you can see, I have 8 Balance Cyclops idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).
6. Storm Wolf (Varg Thundergrowl) - As you can see, I have 3 Storm Wolf idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).
7. Ice Colosus - As you can see, I have 5 Ice Colosus idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).
8. Balance Fairy (Sandy Glimmerwing) - As you can see, I have 5 Balance Fairy idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).

9. Balance Wolf (Tyr Honor-Claw) - As you can see, I have 2 Balance Wolf idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).

Is there an estimated time when the issue will be corrected?

Sincerely,
Character(s) Isabella Nightshade, Cold Ashthorn, and Paige Storygiver

Survivor
May 31, 2010
For those interested, back when the Beastmoon Hunt began you could unlock/upgrade the Beastform tiers with 3 idols and 300 lunari (each style of Beastform ).

Unlock tier 1 = 3 idols and 300 lunari (etc.)

Upgrade to tier 2 = 6 idols and 600 lunari
Upgrade to tier 3 = 12 idols and 1200 lunari

Then it changed to 1 idol and 150 lunari to unlock tier 1 of each style of Beastform.

Unlock tier 1 = 1 idol and 150 lunari (etc.)

Now it seems you have to have a gold idol and 150 lunari to unlock tier 1 of each style of Beastform.

Unlock tier 1 = 1 gold idol and 150 lunari

Why have there been so many changes I have spent many hundreds of lunari to get the proper Beastmoon seeds to plant for each type of idol. I have also planted numerous seeds of each school to gain these Beastform idols. I have many idols, but due to all of these unannounced changes, I was only able to unlock 4 Beastform tiers . All of the others now show that they can't be unlocked because the Upgrade Station will only register the idols if they are gold . It seems if KI is going to make changes like this, those changes need to be clearly announced before they are made. I have been back and forth with KI by e-mail and I never got any real answers about why my idols were not being registered . I had to figure out what they did through a long process of educated guesses and talking with other players. So, if you have lots of idols from gardening (that you can't use until after you get the gold idols now), I am letting you know that KI made these changes without letting us know about it in advance.

Administrator
RubyBlades2010 on Dec 6, 2019 wrote:
I have been in contact with KI. This is what they said:
"Hello,

Thanks for your reports of these bugs and your patience and understanding.

Our testing teams were able to reproduce these bugs and our developers were able to identify the causes.

Our community manager "Sparck" has just updated our message boards in reference to this.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/beastmoon-hunt-myth-rat-thief-gold-idol-redemption-issue-8ad6a4276ed02e5f016ed7065f9561ee?page=1

If you have any feedback or suggestions you wish to share with our game makers, designers, or developers and community manager you can reach them directly on our message boards/forums.
Our game makers and community manager do take player feedback extremely seriously and this is the most direct way to reach them in regards providing your feedback on any in-game issue. Kindest Regards, KingsIsle Support"

This is what I sent back to them after checking my accounts:

Hello Everyone:

I just checked one of my accounts and the issue still exists on each of these idols:

1. Death Ninja Pig - As you can see, I have used enough idols to level this transformation to tier 2 and I still have 25 idols remaining (registered in game).
2. Death Fairy ( Morticia Doomsprinkle) - As you can see, I have used enough idols to level this transformation to tier 2 and I still have 1 idol remaining (registered in game).
3. Myth Rat - As you can see, I have used enough idols to level this transformation to tier 2 and I still have 1 idol remaining (registered in game).
4. Life Draconian - As you can see, I have used enough idols to unlock this transformation to tier 1 and I still have 3 idols remaining (registered in game).
5. Balance Cyclops - As you can see, I have 8 Balance Cyclops idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).
6. Storm Wolf (Varg Thundergrowl) - As you can see, I have 3 Storm Wolf idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).
7. Ice Colosus - As you can see, I have 5 Ice Colosus idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).
8. Balance Fairy (Sandy Glimmerwing) - As you can see, I have 5 Balance Fairy idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).

9. Balance Wolf (Tyr Honor-Claw) - As you can see, I have 2 Balance Wolf idols, however the Beastform Upgrade doesn't register any of them (not registering in game).

Is there an estimated time when the issue will be corrected?

Sincerely,
Character(s) Isabella Nightshade, Cold Ashthorn, and Paige Storygiver
Hi Isabella! As we mentioned in our support response, the issue should be resolved for the next Beastmoon Hunt event.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Somewhat unrelated but, how in the Spiral do you get Gold Idols? I've heard they're a rare Gardening drop now, can someone confirm this?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck on Dec 9, 2019 wrote:
Hi Isabella! As we mentioned in our support response, the issue should be resolved for the next Beastmoon Hunt event.
Hi, I have a few things to say about this.

1. Please answer RubyBlades2010 and LOOKIT LIGHT posts. They have good thoughts on the matter as I too could have unlocked all the beast form tiers and chose to hold onto my lunari. Had I known the format would change, I would have unlocked tier 1 for each form.

2. When I upgraded the Death Ninja Pig to tier 1, it automatically took it to tier 2 and used the appropriate lunari without consent.

3. Please remember that there was a double reagent member benefit going on while some players (like me) tried to redeem the Rat Thief golden idol. Therefore, this idol should be doubled when fixed.

4. Really though, everyone who participated and reached the 570 pt reward should automatically be awarded this golden idol. We shouldn't have to partake in the event again, because some wizards who should've gotten it the first time might not partake in it the second go-around.

5. I reached 5,000 lunari and after a couple of Hunts played, realized I wasn't getting any more lunari. 5,000 is max but nowhere does it say this. Not even a Zeke or Harold warning. Please put in a warning when we approach maximum lunari.

6. Will lunari ever be able to go in our shared bank? I've been doing the event on 2 wizards and not sure why if I can't share my winnings with myself.

7. Please add a lunari section to view how much we got from pressing C.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
Is there any use for regular beastmoon idols now? Why did Kingsisle make the change to the gold idols without making any announcement? Are all of the regular beastmoon idols I have useless now?

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
RubyBlades2010 on Dec 9, 2019 wrote:
For those interested, back when the Beastmoon Hunt began you could unlock/upgrade the Beastform tiers with 3 idols and 300 lunari (each style of Beastform ).

Unlock tier 1 = 3 idols and 300 lunari (etc.)

Then it changed to 1 idol and 150 lunari to unlock tier 1 of each style of Beastform.

Unlock tier 1 = 1 idol and 150 lunari (etc.)

Now it seems you have to have a gold idol and 150 lunari to unlock tier 1 of each style of Beastform.

Unlock tier 1 = 1 gold idol and 150 lunari

Why have there been so many changes I have spent many hundreds of lunari to get the proper Beastmoon seeds to plant for each type of idol. I have also planted numerous seeds of each school to gain these Beastform idols. I have many idols, but due to all of these unannounced changes, I was only able to unlock 4 Beastform tiers . All of the others now show that they can't be unlocked because the Upgrade Station will only register the idols if they are gold . It seems if KI is going to make changes like this, those changes need to be clearly announced before they are made. I have been back and forth with KI by e-mail and I never got any real answers about why my idols were not being registered . I had to figure out what they did through a long process of educated guesses and talking with other players. So, if you have lots of idols from gardening (that you can't use until after you get the gold idols now), I am letting you know that KI made these changes without letting us know about it in advance.
I am sick and tired of leveling up and not having enough lunari to keep my levels and get the tiers!! I have spent so much in lunari and it is virtually impossible to get enough before the event ends. KI, you are driving me absolutely crazy. Not to mention I absolutely dispise the new playing field. Its dark and hard for me to see, and gives me vertigo, and I get dizzy trying to navigate this new place. PLEASE go back to the brighter white area and change the amount of ungodly lunari requirement! Some of us Work and can't be playing all day long! If I get to Ninja pig level 5 and then the next hunt that comes out you knock me back down to level 1 because I did not have enough lunari for the tier. I have the cards, but I'm tired of all of it! There needs to be another way to earn lunari while waiting for the next hunt. Please stop changing up everything already now.