Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Viggor's Drake now does not drop vanguard boots (Wiki).

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
For the first few weeks Viggor's Drake dropped vanguard boots.
Now he only drops reagents and and soldiers gear. (Wiki).
Since I solo a lot, I need updates notes to help me.
Please release update notes to any major changes in drops. ( thank you).

Survivor
May 31, 2009
It is really frustrating how KI didn't tell us anything about the drop changes. In the same update they must've severly lowered the drop rates too, at least for the spellements. In the past 8 days I've only gotten 3 daybreaker from farming roughly 6 hours a day.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Blaze Ravenrunner on Nov 29, 2019 wrote:
It is really frustrating how KI didn't tell us anything about the drop changes. In the same update they must've severly lowered the drop rates too, at least for the spellements. In the past 8 days I've only gotten 3 daybreaker from farming roughly 6 hours a day.
I agree entirely and you know whats worse my friend farmed there for 3 days trying to get the boots for 6 hours each day and he got nothing when i had to break the bad news to him hes honestly quit bothering to farm for the boots until the drop rate is better i have started doing the same and to make matters worse hes started farming trash king for the hoods he is on day 3 of farming he farms at least 3-6 hours a day too depending on when he gets to play while not at work he still hasnt gotten anything in total he has enough reagents he could make at least 4-5 hoods as soon as he gets a single piece.. this drop rate is so unbelieveably bad its gonna honestly push people away from farming it and not even bothering to put effort into it if its not changed for the better.. i get that kingsisle wants us to stay to farm but making it harder than it needs to be is NOT the way in doing such if the drop rate was persay idk lets say a 50/50 chance to get it and make the crafting recipe require us to actually get the right school piece thatd be better even tho 300 extract still is a bit much

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
I hate to say it, but...

The communication between the community and KI has become dull. There is a ton of stuff they forget to mention anymore. Did anyone notice that Alhazred has a title now?

Prince Viggor has become even more frustratingly difficult in the last few weeks.... when did that happen? If he casts dark shepherd before or after khrulhu, you are dead, and he now has full health again! (And trust me we have been keeping juju hot as fire.)

There is no point in taking all your wizards through this dungeon. Just useless aggravation, but that's just me lol. If Wizard101 is this difficult now, how much harder will it be in five to ten years?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
iouman2013 on Dec 2, 2019 wrote:
I agree entirely and you know whats worse my friend farmed there for 3 days trying to get the boots for 6 hours each day and he got nothing when i had to break the bad news to him hes honestly quit bothering to farm for the boots until the drop rate is better i have started doing the same and to make matters worse hes started farming trash king for the hoods he is on day 3 of farming he farms at least 3-6 hours a day too depending on when he gets to play while not at work he still hasnt gotten anything in total he has enough reagents he could make at least 4-5 hoods as soon as he gets a single piece.. this drop rate is so unbelieveably bad its gonna honestly push people away from farming it and not even bothering to put effort into it if its not changed for the better.. i get that kingsisle wants us to stay to farm but making it harder than it needs to be is NOT the way in doing such if the drop rate was persay idk lets say a 50/50 chance to get it and make the crafting recipe require us to actually get the right school piece thatd be better even tho 300 extract still is a bit much

That can not be correct. My friend just got Vanguard's Shocking Boots dropped to her last night against Viggors Drake. She then crafted the Storm Dragoon's Boots She farmed 3 days for them He has to be still dropping Vanguard's all of them. Hard to get the ones you need since he will drop you any school Vanguard's.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
wiz247511 on Dec 4, 2019 wrote:
That can not be correct. My friend just got Vanguard's Shocking Boots dropped to her last night against Viggors Drake. She then crafted the Storm Dragoon's Boots She farmed 3 days for them He has to be still dropping Vanguard's all of them. Hard to get the ones you need since he will drop you any school Vanguard's.
What you just said right now cant be possible dude.. matthew aka mattnetic one who is senior system designer of this game legit told the community that viggors drake will not be dropping boots they made this change over a week or so ago either shes lying or you are

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
The Wizard is a level 130 Storm Wizard. I farmed with her one night before she got the Vanguards. I will not give her wiz name, but will talk to her tonight, and ask her if she is registered with central. If she is registered, I will have her find this thread, and you can ask her about this. I spotted her with the Dragoon's and congratulated her. She was still farming for the boots 12/06/19, which was Thursday night eastern time. She is after other Vanguards, for her other wizards. I met her farming in Viggor's dungeon, and that's where she was still farming for more. Why the heck would she still be farming that dungeon if she got them elsewhere? I've been playing this game for 9 yrs now, and have cut way back on my playing time over the last couple years, due to my job. No way do I have time to farm for the boots, as she did for 3 straight days. I'm not that obsessed with the game, but still enjoy it. I have the Storm Paradox Boots, dropped to me by random chance during storyline play. Those are good enough for me. My days of heavy farming are long over. I have no reason to lie about what she told me. I can't understand why she was still farming Viggor, if she got them elsewhere. I hope I can get her to come on here and chat with you. Best of luck to you.