Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas to make Beastmoon Better

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
So, I play Beastmoon allot when it is available. I have a few suggestions, and I am sure others do as well.

First, we need more pips around. It takes to long to find enough pips before each battle.

Also, many of us have wondered how come we can't pick which team, meaning red vs blue we want to join. It is easy enough to pick a color.

It would be nice to have a special reward for people who play ALLOT. Maybe a unique NEW pet, for winning a certain number of matches. It would need to be special, and not acquired through any other means, such as packs or boss drops, but unique to this one event.

Also, many of us wonder if in the future, we will be allowed to buy extra seed pots for crowns, with a maximum limit of course, so some people don't stack and such. Maybe 3 extra non transferable pots.

Other Beastmoon Fans…. Drop your ideas. I have heard many great ideas during the gameplay.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hello KMK!

Nice to see more Beastmoon fans out there! I completely agree with you about the pip volume. We need more!
KI changed it from the original hunt and added more in different areas, which I appreciate - so it is much better then it was in Test Realm or in August's hunt... but there are still too few pips sometimes! That can be a problem when your team is trying to hurry to the spiral. You can't join the spiral because you are still searching for pips!

I disagree about picking your own team. I think that would be too OP. But a lot of people agree with you and want that ability in Beastmoon. If KI implements the choose a team option, I hope they make 2 modes. Original (random team) mode and "Hunt with Friends" mode. That way new players can still choose the Original and not get killed by teams of friends who are all working together with upgraded beast forms vs new players on level 1 beasts.

Right now, if you queue up and join a match at the same time as your friend you have a pretty good chance of ending up in the same match. You may be on the same team as your friend or you may be facing off against them, but at least you get to play with them. I tried this several times in the October hunt and 8 times out of 10 I was in the match with my friend. We just stood together and ready set, join. :)

Regarding special prizes, I completely agree with you! That would be awesome! On the Wiz101 page for Beastmoon, under Beastmoon Hunt Rewards, it says we can receive not only "new pet jewels" but also
"a new, very flashy, very unique emote". I have yet to receive any jewels from the hunt itself, or from gardening beastmoon blossoms, (I have grown seeds of every school). I have no idea what this emote is either. So I would like to know what these prizes are and if anyone has gotten them, maybe I am just unlucky. Perhaps KI just hasn't rolled out these prizes yet.

I think 3 Beastmoon Planters is sufficient, but sure, we can get an option to have maybe 2-3 more. By doing 100 matches, 150 matches, 200, etc. Or for those who want to spend crowns and not play matches to earn them, I think that would be fine.

I would like to see a fix for the BM hack where wizards are making it into the battlegrounds as humans and not as a beast form. This is a major compromise to the game/match and any wizard who does this willingly should be
banned from participating in the rest of the hunt, or sanctioned.

Also there should be a way to penalize players who are being abusive in the match on purpose. I have seen several posts from players who were hunting and literally getting verbally abused during a match. I have also witnessed this first hand in some of my matches, (I am looking at you Ian Foe myth rat), and this is not acceptable for a team oriented FUN activity such as beastmoon. No need to be rude in there! C'mon people!

More card choices should be added to each beast form IMO. Particularly the Cyclops and Colossus who both have no starting pips. There should be a scant more card choices for these two forms since a lot of the cards are 3+ pips, it can be hard to stay alive that long in the spiral for example.

Hoping to see more comments and suggestions. Great thread KMK!

Autumn WH
Supporter of all things Beastmoon

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
My brother keeps complaining about Irksome Mander... I'm not sure it it's a legitimate issue or not, but he thinks that the damage is too high for the pip cost.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
I am also in love with the beastmoon hunt and look forward to the new battlegrounds!

Personally, I think the amount of pips at all my games was sufficient. Trick is to explore the ENTIRE map, all corners for the pips. I find team-mates just circling around the spiral area and say they can't find any pips.

Team picking is an option I would not like to be added, unless it is a separate gameplay option. It will create bias with teams who communicate externally, vs players who team up with a friend or 2 and are stuck with team-mates who are new to the game/go missing within first 5 minutes (will create unfair advantage). That's why I like the randomness of teams!

Loot-yes! I am really looking forward to additional stuff we can craft/be rewarded with. Personally, crafting seems more interesting for me, but increasing point rewards would be nice as well. I easily score over 1,000 points in every beastmoon hunt without noticing! For me, points are like a secondary benefit. I really look forward to more gear recipes, and as you said, maybe a unique pet reward or even a MOUNT like the team-up reward style!!

Also yes to more seed planters, like 2 or 3 extra? Just to be able to balance the amount obtained vs amounts planted. I harvest regular beastmoon seeds every hour while I play, and before logging off before coming back in a while, I plant either the elemental/spiritual seeds or school seeds. At the moment I delete a lot of seeds cause I get more than I can plant.

But the thing I really would like implemented are limited additions beastforms!! Like Scarecrows for Halloween, Evil Snowman/Yuletide Spirit for Christmas, etc. Maybe make them even craftable to be able to keep them!! So many opportunities for this event, and I personally LOVE it when it comes on!