Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Pet Abilities

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Hello,

I was thinking that because getting the perfect is so hard, you should be able to buy your needed ability for 15,000 crowns. This would majorly benefit Kings isle considering all of the income they would be receiving over long term and short term, from pets. Some people like myself have been trying to get the perfect pet for over a year, and have had no success. Just imagine how it would feel if you've been trying to do something for over a year and have had no success whatsoever.

Please kings isle consider this, it would benefit both our sides and many more people.

Thanks

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
This is a really interesting topic as I have thought on it before. Hasn't anyone that has had dozens and dozens, hundreds and hundreds of failed pets go to that giant trash bin in the sky. Breeding great pets is hard, no doubt about it. I'm a Grandmaster Hatchmaker two times over, and I still go through those times when pet after pet after pet fail. Should we be able to buy our way out of it? Seems like a philosophical question, and a tough call for KI to make. On one side you have the gaming purist that would not advocate this since there is really no difference between this and being able to buy any piece of gear that you have not been able to get by farming. e.g. - where does the buying stop and challenge and entertainment of actually doing it end. On the other side you have the revenue machine and the desire to increase profit margin by saying you can buy your way out. Really a tough one, so I will not give a judgement since my opinion really does not matter anyway. I am not employed by KI. I definitely see both POVs though.

One thing I would say is that going through your scenario finally drove me to start gardening as was tired of buying mega snacks. Lo and behold the challenges of Gardening actually became really entertaining and now have thousands of mega snacks to use as like to raise pets between my four Verdant gardeners. Having all those mega snacks makes it not so bad when you get the fails as can always try again easily So the bad experience in one area actually provoked good things to happen.

Anyway, if you've actually been trying for a year to raise a decent pet and have not succeeded, I would recommend you team up with someone who has raised good pets to get some tips. Maybe missing something critical, as while it is tough and frustrating, it is not THAT tough and frustrating. I'd be happy to help if you like. Propose some time and if schedules work out we can chat on the topic. Or just ask questions on this board and I including others I am sure reading this will give it our best shot to help out.